ipod ear phones

Discussion in 'Sports and Adventure Training' started by wompingwillow, Jun 10, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. |After many e-mails to Mr Beans bebo account with out reply, I thought I'd ask you guys, as you all are aware ( and proably bored to death hearing about) I'm in training for the Great British 10 k.

I recently purchased a MP3 player to aid motivation, however I am also in ownership of quiet small ears, in ear head phones just won't stay in, I got some with the attachments that go around the outside of the ear to help the plug stay in but these keep falling out as well.

Could anyone point me in the direction of good earphones for use when running

Thank you

Wompingwillow

2. the ones i use are sony inner ear plugs,likes the ones you get with the sony ericson phones. they cost me 35 pounds but the attachments are interchangeable for different ear sizes

3. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

As an ex-TAS Ape I take the sound quality of my earphones very seriously. I use Shure earphones - yes, they are expensive but you can pick up a cheap pair in Duty Free at the airport, or online. Sound quality is outstanding, and as they mould to your ears, the noise-cancelling and security (i.e. don't drop out when you move) is worth the extra price.

4. Perhaps I sweat too much but for running I tend to just get a crappy £0.99 pair from Tesco.

I save the good earphones for when I'm not dripping...

5. I use some Sony MDR-EX71 ones. They're £30 in Argos but a tenner on ebay. They're handy for running as you can change the earbuds so they slip out whilst running.

6. Do you actually know someone who has NOISY big ears?

Sorry Womps - couldn't resist it!

Best of luck for the 10K by the way.

2BM

7. AOL

pretty secure for running in. I have to use different sizes in each ear.