IPhone and Ringtones

Discussion in 'Bloody Computers' started by joe_145, Sep 15, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Dont suppose anyone has an IPhone? I just got one and im just about aquainted with it. Only problem is how the hell do you put ur music tracks as a ringtone??

Cheers
    Joe

2. Time to grow up and use a proper ringtone!

CoI: iPhone user too, but with 'proper' ring instead of chavtastic ing.

3. excuse me what is chav about having Symphony No. 9 in D minor by the timless composer beethoven???

4. If you Google it there is a way. Ringtones are available on the US version of iTunes but not the UK version - copyright apparently. So basically, get the thing you want as a rington then you have to re-name it so your computer thinks it's a ringtone, then plonk it in the appropriate folder and it appears. There are loads of forum postings on various Mac fora which tell you how to do it.

5. yeh i have been looking on google and various other forums but all the answers seem to be for the older versions of i tunes...i suppose ill keep looking. i would use a normal ringtone if they were half decent instead of a cheesy bad quality "robitic" style....and so forth...cheers anyway angrydoc

6. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

I thought the iPhone was soooo fantastic that it had an app that composes its own ringtone..? :sleepy:

"You just own an iPhone - you didn't invent it!"

7. yeh there is apps that do this but the produce the same crappy noise!!!

i think you'll find i did invent the iphone....

Joe I Phone [/i]squire.....pleasure to make your aquantince

8. I would never condone jailbreaking an iphone and opening it up to any network, or installing cydia after that, or getting all your apps free, or installing any ringtone u frikkin well like :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

9. Go to this website:

http://audiko.net/en.html

You can do a search for a song/band etc then download the iPhone version to your PC.

Open iTunes and drag the downloaded file into the Ringtones section of your library.

Job done.