Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Involved in a motorcycle accident days before medical...

T5igger

Lantern Swinger
Hey guys, just looking for some advice. (I know nobody can say anything 100% but)

To cut a long story short, a car reversed into my motorbike while I was stationary, I fell off.

Ended up damaging my lower back, went to a walk in center and then a GP two days later. They think it's just muscle damage, I've already emailed my careers adviser to let them know this has happened.

I'm due to receive my medical results on Thursday after a paper review.

Could this be a bar to entry now, I'm assuming yes as it's a back injury? :(

Thanks for your help!

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
If the injury requires time off work, lasts more than a month or is recurrent (chronic), then it could be an issue with regard medical suitability.

If the injury is serious enough to warrant compensation, then it could also indicate a significant injury.

nemesis1066

Lantern Swinger
I agree with Ninja, but whatever you do ensure you follow medical advice to give yourself the best chance of recovery - your health is your prime concern.
Good luck!

witsend

MIA
Book Reviewer
This reminds me of a dit.

Many years ago I was having a ride of my mates wee 2 stroke, DT175 if I remember correctly. Thing was as rough as hell and the exhaust gasket was blowing. This made it extremely loud and attractive to 17 yr old lads.

I'm in this queue of traffic on a narrow street waiting on the lights changing avoiding drawing the attention of any polis. This car is trying pull out of its driveway and I'm blocking its road. I start rolling the bike back up forgetting that theres another car behind and hit it. Quick as a flash this guys out of his car and going mental at me. I have a wee quick look and see I've caused a couple of minor scratches. I then think to myself 'F' this and drop the clutch.

These were the days when licences, MOT, insurance and road tax were optional, so I never bothered mentioning it to my mate. I joined the navy a few weeks later and have never seen him since.

Stupid dit but I wonder if those scratches ever got sorted?

dhobyitch

Lantern Swinger
Quick as a flash this guys out of his car and going mental at me. I have a wee quick look and see I've caused a couple of minor scratches. I then think to myself 'F' this and drop the clutch

Did you go back later and pick the clutch up ?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS PCA user research project restarts – how to get involved MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Aid charity involved in convoys to Syria “seriously mismanaged”, regulator concludes MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Courts wind-up companies involved in IT finance scam MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Court winds-up companies involved in fraudulent investment scheme MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: 'Get involved' call as A66 consultation reaches half-way stage MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: HS2 pop-up engagement space encourages communities to get involved MoD News 1
MoD_RSS Press release: Companies involved in fraudulent art investment scheme wound-up MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Sefton community urged to get involved in A5036 consultation MoD News 0
Tui Bird SS SEALION involved in skirmish with Soviets 1963 Submariners 0
M Seaman apprenticeship, whats involved? RFA 4
joeG ETME - What mathematics are involved Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
A As a logistic officer, will I be involved in the decision making process in regards to new tech? The Quarterdeck 6
MoD_RSS News story: Gallantry award for quick-thinking soldier involved in violent ambush MoD News 0
M whats involved - helicopter maintenance procedures? The Fleet Air Arm 39
M Process involved in Navy Medical? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 63
F Information Regarding Standing Deployment and Vessels Involved Current Affairs 7
slim Iraqi government 'involved in kidnapping of five Britons' Current Affairs 1
wet_blobby RN/RM involved in another invasion? Diamond Lil's 1
D Aircrew whats actually involved? The Fleet Air Arm 34
the_matelot RN Sailor involved in fatal RTC sentenced Current Affairs 32
scouse Names of TAGs Involved at Taranto The Fleet Air Arm 20
slim One in four Muslims thinks the state was involved in 7/7 att Diamond Lil's 15
MoD_RSS Motorcycle insurance merger to be reversed following CMA concerns MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Motorcycle insurance broker merger raises competition concerns MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Ride Free: new online motorcycle training to improve road safety MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Theory tests and motorcycle training and tests to restart in Scotland MoD News 0
N WW2 Officer on motorcycle History 15
explodingcookie Motorcycle? Car? Train? Motoring 9
SONAR-BENDER Marine dies on motorcycle course The Corps 15
ForcesJobShop Employment Opportunity: Motorcycle / LGV Driver / Storesperson The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
XS650BOBBER Custom Motorcycle Insurance Motoring 13
JC91 Motorcycle Insurance Motoring 20
slim Tributes to motorcycle death boys Diamond Lil's 74
MoD_RSS Report 09/2020: Fatal accident at Tyseley depot MoD News 0
MoD_RSS AAIB Report: Colibri MB2, fatal accident MoD News 0
MoD_RSS AAIB Report: DH-82A Tiger Moth, fatal accident MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Fatal accident at Waterloo underground station MoD News 0
MoD_RSS AAIB Report: Standard Cirrus 75, fatal accident MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Fatal accident near Roade MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Fatal accident at Eden Park station MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Fatal accident at Tyseley depot MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Supplement: Hawker Hunter T7 accident near Shoreham Airport MoD News 0
MoD_RSS AAIB report: Snowbird Mk IV, accident during ground run and taxi test MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Report 14/2019: Fatal accident involving a train passenger at Twerton MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Report 13/2019: Fatal accident at Tibberton No. 8 footpath crossing MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Air accident error prediction MoD News 0
MoD_RSS AAIB report: Luton LA4A Minor, fatal accident MoD News 0
MoD_RSS AAIB review of G-forces in Shoreham accident MoD News 0
MoD_RSS AAIB report: Reims Cessna F172N Skyhawk, fatal accident MoD News 0
MoD_RSS AAIB report: AS350B2 Ecureuil, fatal accident MoD News 0