Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Captain_Smurf, Nov 1, 2006.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I've just joined this forum, because of a link from a biker's forum, so i thought I'd introduce myself.

I am not, and never have been, a serving member of the RN/RM. However, I was once a member of the SCC and eventually became an officer in that worthy organisation. I am also a serving member of the Merchant Navy.

The topic which lead me here was about a lady sailor and a supermarket; I'll be contributing to that thread. That thread lead me to one about the booties in Afghanistan; I'll be saying something about that as well.
  2. Welcome aboard.
    Must be messy runs ashore with you guys!!
  3. Welcome Captain Smurf,

We'll have you singing "Hearts of Oak" and doing the Hornpipe in no time at all! :wink:
  4. Welcome onboard our cyber Aircraft Carrier Cap'n Smurf sir! Hope you'll join the virtual hands in their daily Rum Ration and tales of daring do and other dits. I'm the lifelong civvy barsteward here, by the way, proving that non matelots are allowed onboard... :wink:

5. I thought this was a Cyber Sick bay!!!!!!
    Bloody hell if im not careful im going to get some cyber seatime in! :lol: :lol:
  6. I did toast Nelson, with Pussers, whilst on my ship in Soton on Trafalgar day, with 2 new sailors - one an ex-matelot, the other a former bootie. Must admit I got a bit misty eyed (thought that might have been the Pussers :D )
  7. In that case, I must be up for promotion this year - my cyber seatime is catching up with the real thing 8O
  8. Cyber trickcyclist's parking bay more like! :lol: :lol: :lol: