Introducing Me

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Pete_the_Knife, Nov 3, 2006.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. After a good few months peering over CinCNaghomes shoulder to read whats being said or what she has been posting I have finally been convinced that it is time I got on here myself. That way I can at least put my side of any tales she may have told.

Just so's you know I joined in '75 at Ganges rose to the dizzy rate of LRO and left in '87.

Now the boy has joined up (Sunday 22 Oct) and got over the homesickness we are looking forward hopefully to going to a passing in (out) (shake it all about) parade in December.

K

:lol:

2. So you're NOT the PO Stoker then! When I started reading your post I thought you were either Rosie's husband or Sandygib's son... :lol: :lol:

Welcome onboard our virtual stone frigate aboard which I'm sure you'll feel perfectly at home.

I need to warn you that unless you are in the Ganges sub-fora, you have to refer to that place as either Shotley, the G-Place or the G-Spot as it scares the shits out of most ex-Raleigh matelots on RR and you'll get a bollocking by Jenny_D!

Steve (Lifelong Civvy).

3. No Steve this one is definitely mine :roll:

4. Welcome aboard Shippers.

And we don't want any domestics on here :wink:

5. Ah, this is your husband! That's OK then. So he'll not be much older than me then... I'm beginning to feel old :( :lol:

6. Oi! I'm not old the kids keep saying I'm an old git but I can't be old yet 'cos I'm not retired and I am assured that I don't reek of stale urine . . . . . the submariners dhobie makes sure of that.

7. 'submariners dhobie'? Surely an oxymoron? That's like saying 'idyllic Shotley Routine!' :lol: :lol: :lol: