Interviews

Discussion in 'RFA' started by Paddyoc, May 26, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Can anyone give me any pointers what to expect at my interview in Portsmouth next month am applying for MM2.
    cheers

2. Hi Paddyoc!

Welcome to Rum Ration!

Hopefully, someone will come along to answer your question pretty soon. However, it might also be a good idea to ask it on the Toys Out Of The Pram Forum, which is the exclusive domain of the RFA, just in case. Here you go:

http://www.toysoutofthepram.com/forum/

3. Is mm2 in the RFA, like a stoker in the Andrew??? and if so !!! the skippers in the Royal Navy will be able to change any day round in the week to SUNDAY...... so you all get double pay when RASSING :lol: :lol: :lol:

4. The RFA hasn't had double pay for RAS'ing in about twenty years mate. :wink:

5. Good luck mate,

Toys out of the pram (TOOTP) is a goldmine of information on the RFA and interviews as previously stated on here. Also look at the RFA Assoc websiste which is linked.

Basics to swot up on are:-

What ships do the RFA have, role, where are they - download a copy of Gunline from the RFA MoD / RN website.

Will want to know what you know about the training at HMS Sultan and what you know about the job.

Are you a team player? - will ask for examples etc.

Just because you are ex RN don't assume that they know what you are talking about. TOOTP cites a few examples where ex RN didn't pass the interview.

Hope this helps.

Good Luck mate and i'll keep my fingers crossed for :lol: