Interview

Hello, I know that i've not reached PJFT time just yet, but I am determined that I will pass this. My PJFT is due around october, I just want to know what to expect at the interview after the PJFT, what information should I know for example, so that I am well prepared and make a good impression.

Cheers

Hi-jack this thread - I've got my interview 07/07, applying as MA.
I've heard from a family member in the Navy, about something called a 'scheme of compliment' (If terminology isn't correct; its apparently a list of trades required on a ship and the quantities needed)

Just wondered if this would be relevant to know for the interview and where I could pick this information up from?

Regards

Hi-jack this thread - I've got my interview 07/07, applying as MA.
I've heard from a family member in the Navy, about something called a 'scheme of compliment' (If terminology isn't correct; its apparently a list of trades required on a ship and the quantities needed)

Just wondered if this would be relevant to know for the interview and where I could pick this information up from?

Regards
Scheme of Complement ie How many Captains, how many chefs, how many electricians etc basically the number of men/women in each branch to make the ship an efficient and functioning warship. You are only allowed one Rumrat per ships complement.

Thanks for the replies - would I be questioned on this at my selection interview, about how many MA's would be on an Aircraft Carrier as opposed to a Frigate say? If so, Does anyone know where I could attain this information as to the numbers required per ship?

Or is it just a case of knowing that this scheme of complement exists, and not be silly in saying out of the ~181 crew aboard a Frigate you'd expect 20 MA's!

Regards

wet_blobby

War Hero
Probably worth knowing that naval MA's of both sexes also serve with 3 Cdo Brigade. (Not all will have done the all arms commando course)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
H Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 8
H Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 9
J Submariners 2