Interview

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by richards8610, Jun 24, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello, I know that i've not reached PJFT time just yet, but I am determined that I will pass this. My PJFT is due around october, I just want to know what to expect at the interview after the PJFT, what information should I know for example, so that I am well prepared and make a good impression.

Cheers

2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

3. Thanks Ninja for the link :) very helpful.

4. Hi-jack this thread - I've got my interview 07/07, applying as MA.
    I've heard from a family member in the Navy, about something called a 'scheme of compliment' (If terminology isn't correct; its apparently a list of trades required on a ship and the quantities needed)

Just wondered if this would be relevant to know for the interview and where I could pick this information up from?

Regards

5. He might be talking about "scheme of compliance"

Basically means do as yer fuckin told

6. Scheme of Complement ie How many Captains, how many chefs, how many electricians etc basically the number of men/women in each branch to make the ship an efficient and functioning warship. You are only allowed one Rumrat per ships complement.

7. Thanks for the replies - would I be questioned on this at my selection interview, about how many MA's would be on an Aircraft Carrier as opposed to a Frigate say? If so, Does anyone know where I could attain this information as to the numbers required per ship?

Or is it just a case of knowing that this scheme of complement exists, and not be silly in saying out of the ~181 crew aboard a Frigate you'd expect 20 MA's!

Regards

8. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

Probably worth knowing that naval MA's of both sexes also serve with 3 Cdo Brigade. (Not all will have done the all arms commando course)

9. Thanks for the replies, greatly appreciated! Hopefully will aide me in passing my interview on Thursday