Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Navy_Wolf1987, Aug 31, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Got my Interview on Wednesday, quite nervous about it now!!!

Don't really ever get nervous about things like this but for some reason Im nervous as fcuk about this one!!!
  2. I wouldn't bring up that you're a Wolves fan though...that would not bode well for you i'm sure :wink:
  3. I passed!!!! Get in!! Back of the net!!!!!

Oh and yes I brought up I was a Wolves fan - lightened the atmosphere and helped settle me weirdly!!!!!

Next step the medical in a couple of weeks and time too step up my fitness program.

Thanks for the advice Soleil and Ninja!
  4. Congratulations!
  5. welldone, what you joining as?
  6. Going into the CIS branch in the general service to begin with - with the aim of joining the submarine service once Ive spent years in the GS!
  7. Well done!

I am going in as CIS but on submarines from the start. All the best with the rest of the process.
  8. Ah, it's only the superintelligent who join as Radio Operators/CIS! :thumbup:

I'll still got my semaphore flags from my RNXS days, if you'd like to practice with them! :wink: :lol:
  9. Ewwwwww a Wolves fan, bet you had Dave Casewell doing your interview? Assuming you applied in Wolverhampton? This is all guess work mind as I support Wycombe and come from Fiji.
  10. why on earth in previus posts you have made a post about wolved being promoted into the premier league, and the pic looks to be at molonux or whatver they call it
  11. Why on earth can you not spell or use grammar to a reasonable standard? Yet alone comprehend sarcasm.
  12. here we go, another mong looking for a argument
  13. What do you expect ?, almost every post you make includes a spade that you dig a hole with. :roll:
  14. Here we go, another Mong looking for an argument.
  15. Up the Wolves!!!!!! Nah Im from Colchester! Just about to order my tickets for the Fulham game at the Mol in a couple of weeks!

Loving the pic - taken at end of last season!?!

So what should I wear to the medical - a suit and tie - like for the interview?

All the best jjp23 - I was going to go the same route but want to have a few years above water first!
  16. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

The medical letter states the following:

Dear Mr Navy_Wolf1987

With reference to your application to enter the Naval Service, an appointment has now been made for you to be medically examined by a Service Doctor. You should report to this office at date & time stated 2009.

It is important that before attending this appointment you should discuss your past medical history with your parents/guardian to ensure you can answer any questions that the Doctor may ask. If you suffer from a medical condition that may affect your entry as listed on page 3 and 4 of the Application Form Information and Guidance Booklet, it is advisable to obtain written details of the condition from your Doctor and take them to your medical.

You should avoid loud noises (ipods, night clubs, machinery etc) for a minimum of 48 hours prior to your appointment.
    If you suffer from ear wax problems, please ensure your ears are clear by visiting your Doctor or Practice Nurse prior to your appointment.

You should be aware that you will be required to undress down to your underwear during this medical examination, therefore; accordingly, underwear of a modest nature should be worn.

If you would like to bring a chaperone to this medical examination you may bring a friend or a family member to accompany you.

Please let me know as soon as possible if you are unable to attend this appointment.

Yours sincerely,

AM Essence
    Chief Petty Officer
    Careers Adviser
    AFCO Wotsit

Sooo... other than underwear, anything goes as long as you're vaguely clean & presentable.
  17. And girls be aware that you are expected to partly pull down your pants (was not expecting that...especially with a male doc!) :?