Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Rodge-Nufc, Apr 28, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. hi guys, ive just passed my psychometric test :lol: ! does any1 have any tips about the interview? how did it go for you? cheerz
  2. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

Use the search button above and check out other threads on the subject.
  3. had my interview last week all i can say really is just relax and be yourself it isn't really much more than a chat about your life and interests.Make sure you know about things like where do you go for training,for how long and read up on your branch of choice.

Good Luck
  4. cheers dave! ive got my interview and medical on the same day! what branch u going for???
  5. Hello

Had my interview last month, i was very worried about it... but when you get in you feel more relaxed, they will ask you about your family life, very basic, they are just trying to see if you will be suitable for the Navy or Marines.

Get as much info as you can on your choosen branch, try to be confident, look him in the eye and most important be youself, dont bullshit, they will catch you out

Hope this Helps!!!!!

6. thanks guys for the info :eek:ccasion5:
  7. im going for AET, got my medical next thursday
  8. just to let you's know guys. i passed my test and medical. just my fitness test left!woohoo :)
  9. congratulations mate,how was the medical i've got mine a week today
  10. Rodge

Is it your interview you've just passed?
  11. the medical is nothing to worry about mate! you give a urine sample, a hearing test, a colour blind test( if you have had your eyes tested, its the numbers in book test), dont worry about the cough test as its about 10 seconds and theyve seen it all before.
  12. cheers,good luck with the fitness test what you going in as
  13. soleil

i had my interview and medical on the same day which i passed.
    i was 15 mins into my interview when the petty officer said "thats it, im not interviewing you anymore"
    i though i had done bad but he said i had done really well and was no point asking anymore questions!
  14. supply chain! Roll on september
  15. Hmmm, I had a quick chat at the AFCO. Then I came back sharpish for the interview which was about 40 minutes and actually more of a brief of where I was headed..

THEN came the RT, Medical and now the PJFT. So I'm in a bit of a different order.

So far my practice time for the PJFT is 10mins 50secs so I'm not too worried about booking it in the next week or two 8)
  16. Hello

The PJFT is a doddle, and i was drinking the night before, now when i think of it, it was a very bad mistake, my highest score is only 10:31, i need to improve my fitness before i go!!!
  17. Mate its over rated, and what makes it easier is the fact its trainers. The fastest i can do it in is 8.03. The slowest i have done it in is 10.30. Have you seen the mile and a half at 40 cdo its horrid and it hurts. If you wanna get fast do hill sprints, it works a treat.