Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by kyle99, Feb 5, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. hi i have my interview soon and i was just wondering what sort of things they will ask and i was told i needed to know who the leader of the navy is and background on the navy is this right?
  2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Welcome Kyle,

Areas covered in the interview are as follows:

Where were you born, where else have you lived, who's in your family, who lives at home with you, Your home life, What does Mum and/or Dad do for a living, what about your brothers & sisters, your Family's health, family support for your application, any trauma experienced & your reaction to it. Whether you have a partner, how many house moves you've had, how you re-settled, what you do to help at home, how you get on with your family, whether you have dependent children. What health are your family in- does anyone depend on you to look after them, are you a carer, What do you do to help around the house, Who does your washing & ironing, have you holidayed away from your family, How mature are you?

School attendance, who chose your school, punctuality, achievements, membership of clubs & societies, sports teams, favourite subjects, least favourite, suspensions, expulsions, what did you think if you got a detention, how you got on with teachers & pupils, what results you obtained, what do you think of your results, what did your family think of our reslts, what further education you have attended if any. What consideration did you give to attend further education, How many schools attended. If you left further education early- why. Did you represent the school at sports.

How may jobs, why you left, how did you get your job, why did you leave, how you got on with the public, did you handle cash, what responsibilities did you have. How much do you earn, what are your commitments, can you cope on Service pay, do you know how much you get paid, any savings, debts, relevant to new entry pay. Timekeeping, disciplinary record.

Member of any sports clubs, Uniformed Youth Organisations, social life:do you understand drugs policy, what hobbies & interests do you have. Full breakdown of fitness schedule - Physical activity -what/how often/how far & how long established etc. any work related training, related skills/interests, Personal achievements. What is your opinion of drugs. What's the Armed forces policy on drugs. Swimming - how often & how far. Personal admin.

Experience of communal living, ability to adapt to change, attitude to authority, time away from home/family, any experience of responsibility, timekeeping/discipline/truancy, aspirations/motivation-what do you know about the Service & phase two Training knowledge, General Knowledge of service/training. Terms and conditions of service. How much do you earn in training, how long is your contact for, how quickly can you leave if you don't like it.

Relax. Maintain eye contact, be honest, don't slouch. Be yourself.
  3. thanks for the info guys great help.
  4. In my interview i wasn't asked about historical question's although i was also told i'd be asked these. You'll need to know questions related to the job you're applying for, for example i was applying as an AET so i was expected to know what aircraft we have in the Navy, what aircraft carriers and the basics of how an engine work's. Anything extra to show you've done some research would impress i'm guessing.