Interview waiting

Discussion in 'RFA' started by Tinks2100, May 18, 2016.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi guys/girls

My son has recently had his RT in March and passed, he's now waiting for an interview but as it been a while since he took his RT I was wondering how long the normal wait is?
    Thanks in advance
    Proud Mum X
  2. If I remember right my sons was about 3 months after his tests, maybe get your son to call his Afco
  3. Thanks Lynds, I'll get him o ring them X
  4. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Sounds odd.

If he passed the test, he should now be interviewed inside a couple of weeks. The sequence changed a little while back, so he should not be waiting a month or more.

Possibly he underscored for his chosen branch and was given the option of a re-take after 4 months or a list of alternative jobs for which he did score high enough.
  5. He passed his RT and received a letter stating this, but he has to wait, one of my friends sons had his interview same day, but this was for a different department of the navy.
  6. Ninja_Stoker

Seems very odd. Two weeks is the target time to interview regardless of RN branch.

Is it Royal Navy or RFA that he is applying for? If it was RFA, he can call them on 02392 725243 - they usually conduct a sift after test. They tend to call forward applicants for interview as vacancies arise.
  7. Just a little update, he's got interview date 3rd October in Portsmouth. He applied for the RFA, they advised of the sifting process which they obviously have done. Thanks for the replies X
  8. Ninja_Stoker

I'll move the thread to the RFA subforum.
  9. Hi there Tinks200
    My son has an interview for RFA APPRENTICE ENGINEER this month
    Has your son had his interview now? Am I correct in reading it was Oct 3rd?
    Was he given indication of outcome and time frame?
    Thanks Tinks
    Another Proud Mum xx
  10. Hello another proud mum lol
    My son did indeed have his interview on the 3rd. He should find out within the next two weeks if he's got a place. If so his training should start in March 2017.
    Hope this helps

Good luck to your son too x
  11. Hi Tinks200
    Thank you for your reply.
    Do you know how many were interviewed?
    Let's hope our boys have both got through xx
  12. I don't know how many were interviewed sorry. But my son said he was the only one there at the time. I hope they get in as well X
  13. Has anyone heard anything on the results of the recent interviews for RFA ENGINEER APPRENTICE to start in March 2017?
    Just anxious for my son -
  14. Has anyone heard anything yet? Thanks
  15. My son got in, 6th March start date X