Interview Tomorrow - Any Last Advice?

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Murph, Nov 17, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I have my interview tomorrow for (WE). Im pretty nervous, but confident I will do well, I've revised up on what happens at HMS Raleigh, who the First Sea Lord is :D. Aswell as everything about the Job etc.

Any last minute advice?
    Much appreciated :happy3:

Thanks

Phil

2. Don't be adrift.

3. Don't panic

4. Don't tell them your a pacifist!!

5. Don't forget to look up current deployments, had mine today and passed :D so if you're revised I'm sure you'll do fine. The first half of the interview about family and background etc really got rid of my nerves and relaxed me. Good luck

6. No advice but good luck.

Also, congrats hamisatypeofcheese.

7. Yea I've had a look at current operations in Afghan etc, reading the Independent helped quite alot aswell.

Ill let you all know how I get on.

8. Good luck Murph and congrats hamisatypeofcheese.

9. Good luck shippers, don't forget to ask about the exciting opportunities available to you as a Splash Target Coxswain.

10. Mate if you ask about STC post it up on how you got on. My mind is starting to drift from divers, but good luck in interview you will be fine.

11. Only other thing, if you honestly don't know the answer to the question say so, don't try and bullsh1t as you'll only dig a hole

12. Where clean pants. I did and I got in. 8)

13. This isn't really necessary to be honest, on the way to my interview, I sharted with such violence that the pants were deemed US from that day forward. They still let me in.

Clean socks on the other hand are very very important. :)

14. Turn up shiters, I did this all through my career and it worked for me.

Apart from getting busted...

15. You were just unlucky. I got promoted for my drinking expertise.

16. Too true, too true.

17. cheers jjp and Rolotp