Interview soon, question about facial hair

As the thread title says, I have a question regarding facial hair. I have a beard (not long, nor unkempt) but a full beard and I am unsure if there is any issue with it. I have had it for about 5 years now so would rather not shave it off if there is no problem with it in the RFA, but obviously if I am not allowed to keep it then I will remove it. Just wondering where recruitment stand on this matter if anyone is aware? (Applying for chef position if this makes any difference.)

Why do you imagine it maybe an issue?
Purely because I have worked with Bootnecks and Matelots in a civvy role before and know there are certain restrictions on what they can have, so was unsure if the same applied to the RFA. Better to be safe than sorry, when it comes to the interview

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
You aren't going to fail an interview for a military job if you have a beard, let alone a civilian job.

There maybe times when it needs to be removed operationally, but not during your application.

You aren't going to fail an interview for a military job if you have a beard, let alone a civilian job.

There maybe times when it needs to be removed operationally, but not during your application.
Ok, thanks for that. I know it may seem a stupid question to you, but this interview means a lot to me and I don't want any risk that I can control messing it up

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Ok, thanks for that. I know it may seem a stupid question to you, but this interview means a lot to me and I don't want any risk that I can control messing it up
Fully understand.

As with any job interview, you want to get it right. The advice is to be clean, fresh, smatly dressed and well-groomed - even if you have a pink mohican and a purple goatee :)

Rest assured, I interviewed a Cyber Reservist with a mohican (him, not me) and remember giving an entry brief to a future potential matelot with shocking-pink hair.

At the time, I remember thinking "Hmmn, the Master at Arms and this bloke are really going to hit it off". After advising him his hair needed to be a natural colour, and fotunately remembering the document the conversationn, he still arrived at Raleigh with pink hair and found himself paying for a ticket home.

Beard No probs as long as you get a face seal in bssc you can have a beard. Good luck for the interview and know all the ships and what theyre doing (or not)