Interview Pass

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Vrumm, Jul 1, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi

I passed the interview stage last week for MA(SM) and it really wasnt that bad. I was very glad I learnt all current Boats in service as he asked me a few times about that but The majority of the interview was about my past like travel experiences and how I felt I had done at school / Uni and why I wanted to change from my current job (which is paid pretty well). Dont know why I was so nervous.
    Deffinatley read Ninjas post on interviews and have an answer for everything on there and topics around them as it isnt a question and answer its more like a flowing discussion.
    Dress smart and get there early as it gives you time to calm down and clear your head.

Anyway I was told to be looking at 7 months before raleigh but then after I had left I got a call saying they only take 10 places a year and the next intake would be January 2015. A bit gutted but I suppose it gives me time to sort things out hopefully it will reduce a little :-/

2. Everyone is in the same "boat" as you ;)

I was told 16 months when i applied, passed my interview and was told 24, just be patient and keep on top of your fitness, because you could be given your date at any time now :)

And well done on passing :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Hi mate, I'm applying for MA (GS) and was given an estimated time of 24 months to begin training. So you'll still probably have less time to wait than me! :) From what I've seen on this forum quite a few people get earlier start dates than they are expecting, so chin up and good luck! :thumbup:

Posted from the Navy Net mobile app (Android / iOS)

4. Thanks DavetheRave and LaurenMc

Yeah hopefully its shorter than what they have estimated but gives me chance to really push my fitness for Raleigh :)

When did you first apply? For me it was November last year.

5. Hi, I applied in January 2012 :)

6. I also applied November 2012

7. March 2012