interview nerves

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by bigtrousersnake, May 26, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. i have my interview tomorrow, and i am petrified, i have brushed up on knowledge on the navy, my trade of choice etc, does anyone have any last minute advice???
  2. Smile, keep eye contact, do not try and be funny. Try and talk to a recruiter beforehand, ask them if they have any advice. The PO did when I went for my interview; it was a great help in calming my nerves.

Good luck :thumright:
  3. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

Have you heard of buckfast? Its a tonic wine, very weak but very sweet. Knock back the bottle in one and you'll be fine, it gives you a energy buzz. Good luck for tomorrow!!!!
  4. BTS

Have another browse through the Interview thread this evening and make a brief note - just a couple of sentences - of what you could say in reply to each question. You can refresh your memory by reading your notes on the way to the interview. Here you go:

Get your clothes and bag ready this evening and don't stay up too late. Have a good breakfast.

Think positively and imagine yourself speaking to your CA in a confident and relaxed way; you'll be fine.
  5. Bigtrousersnake: Just don't tell the recruiter you have a big trouser snake....he may want to see it....very best wishes and good luck...
  6. White trackies, socks to the knees and a Nike cap at 45 degrees are optional extras!
  7. shame it is a he, if it was a she, i would pass on that alone :)
  8. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

You ned!!!!!!! Always spoiling everything!!!!!
  9. Whatever modicum of credibility Buckfast had as a genuine tonic was destroyed the second all scum-kind adopted it as their national drink.

S'not all bad though, we save a lot on street signs in glasgow as there's always guaranteed to be one at every corner so the council just sharpie the street name on the label :lol:
  10. When talking or replying to a question - cough and try and work the word "prick" into your cough.

If he looks offended or looks at you in shock give him a wink and continue talking about whatever you were talking about.

This shows creativity, bravery and intuition.
  11. i passed :) really thought i had cocked it up at first cos i was so nervous, but na
  12. Congratulations! :)
  13. Congrats BTS!
  14. Well done!

Were the questions the ones you were expecting?
  15. yer they were, just no matter how much i prepared for them, when confronted with them i froze