Interview/medical/fitness test expiration?

Hi,

I was just wondering if the initial interview, medical and PJFT expire after a certain amount of time?

I had my initial interview Apr 2017, finally passed my medical Oct 2017 and my PJFT in Nov 2017 but my provisional start date isn't until September 2018.

Any advice will be appreciated.

Have you rung your recruiting office?

Are you aware this is an UN-official Navy web site. So any advice could be very tongue in cheek. There a couple qualified, (CA's), to answer your query but you may have to wait until they find time to venture on here!!

Hi,

I was just wondering if the initial interview, medical and PJFT expire after a certain amount of time?

I had my initial interview Apr 2017, finally passed my medical Oct 2017 and my PJFT in Nov 2017 but my provisional start date isn't until September 2018.

Any advice will be appreciated.
Medical and pjft valid for 12 months and interview/test valid for 3 years in general.

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
The point about the medical (and eyetest) is it is valid 12 months from the first Face to Face (F2F) appointment, not the passed fit date, which can be weeks/months later. Reason? You undergo a full medical examination at the F2F, if you are TMU, that is for issues that need further medical investigation, stuff like hearing, BP, eyesight, weight, bmi and generic medical history will have evolved in the 12 months since last physically checked.

The PJFT must be taken and passed within 6 months of your entry date and before attending PRNC.

The selection interview report will be updated prior to entry regardless of when the initial selection interview took place. If your application is stopped or withdrawn, the selection interview will be repeated fully if 12 months have elapsed.

Security clearance (SC) remains valid for 12 months from the date you are cleared, but if you join within 12 months of gaining SC, it remains valid 10 years but is subject to review if aftercare reporting flags-up anything untoward.

I've spoken to my AFCO who told me my security clearance and PJFT will expire before my start date so it sounds like I'll need to re-do these (which I'm fine with). Luckily, I won't need to re-do the medical as the whole process was a nightmare and lasted about 6 months in total!

When you say Face to face medical appointment (the full medical) what does this mean for eye tests taken at a different date?

For example if one took an eye test (at boots) in April 2018 but their f2f medical appointment wasn't until June 2018 when does the one year validity begin? Would a new eye test be required in April 2019 or June 2019?

Thanks