interview its me agen!!!!

slim said:
How about:
I'm looking for a job which is more interesting than the standard 9 to 5 office (factory, shop etc) that very quickly becomes boring. I believe that a career in the navy will be varied and interesting. Though it will be a challenge and I am sure that I will fit in and enjoy the life. Service life is a bit of a tradition in my family, my father and brother served in the army, but I really fancy the navy.

Tut, tut, Slim... you forgot to add the most important bit...

...but I really fancy the navy because I know that only by joining the Navy, will I really get the opportunity to feel a Man!

:wink: :lol: :lol:

War Hero
donr said:
am just typing quickly! because i have other things i need to be doing i can speak perfectly good english thank you

Is the keyboard missing a shift key and any punctuation other than the bang?

:grin:

slim

War Hero
Donr
You are the one who asked for advice. Of course to start with we all had a bit of a joke, however we did hopefully give you one or two pointers. many of us on the site believe that a reasonable command of the English language is an essential part of a successful career. Unfortunately this belief does not seem to be shared by the younger generation, however anyone lacking English skills will find it will affect their career whether in the RN or elsewhere.

donr

Midshipman
yes and i appreciate the help, but at times taking the mick really doesnt boost my confidence. i understand that the english language is being abused but when in a rush it is easier to abreviate!!! so thank you for your comments they have been of great help!

andym

War Hero
Well you could say you want a career with prospects,the possibility of world travel etc ,but then you could get that as a Missionary.What Branch do you want to join?

Just tell them the real reason, that it's something you've always wanted to do. No good asking us, they're interviewing you, not us. We've all given our reasons! If you memorise some really impressive sounding speech, it'll show. The ums and ahs show that it's your reason you're expressing, no-one else's.

Slim, you should be more careful when knocking somebody's language skills!

Remember Pooley? :evil:

Speaking of Pooley - I wonder how he's getting on with his ET (WE) training.

Snappy, when are you joining? :mrgreen:

slim

War Hero
creddly said:
Slim, you should be more careful when knocking somebody's language skills!

Remember Pooley? :evil:

Speaking of Pooley - I wonder how he's getting on with his ET (WE) training.

Snappy, when are you joining? :mrgreen:

The question that I ask is:
If someone who has good communication skills is not bothered to use them because they cannot be bothered, what will be their attitude to carrying out their duties. Sorry chief didn't use the grease gun, just slapped grease around the grease nipple to make it look as if it had been greased. I mean it was getting close to stand easy.
I question language skills because it is my belief that they are extremely important. If you examine any organisation you will find those at the top are normally skilled communicators.

So please enlighten me as to why I should be more careful when knocking somebodies language skills. You will of course notice that I have spelt SOMEBODIES correctly.

Latest Threads