interview its me agen!!!!

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by donr, Jan 22, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. got my AFCO interview this week pretty well prepared but still worrying about the major question "why do i want to go in the RN?". i have a few answers anybody got any good ones to impress??!! please help!!! x :grin:
  2. There's no point using our answers, you need to find your own.

Essentially it's the one question you need to have thought through.

Personally I joined because it seemed like a good idea at the time...
  3. Mad Dog, one of the PO tas apes on the London a few years ago told me he couldn't choose between the RN, Army or RAF so he chose the RN because flares were in fashion at the time
  4. My Irish mate said he joined for the boots.
    Scouse joined because it was the navy or borstal
    Jenny joined to get a husband
    Paddy joined because the Irish navy already had an electrician
  5. k i was hoping for some kind of helpin comments as am still not sure on what to say it is purely just sumthin i have always wanted to do!!
  6. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

A good enough answer, just go into a bit of detail as to why you have always wanted to join, eg. family tradition, want to meet a nice sailor etc
  7. the thing is it is a bit of a family tradition to go inot the forces but am dad n bro were in the army but the navy appealed to me more i cant explain y tho!!!
  8. That's fine, say that, then talk around the things that interest you about the service. If you take an answer from someone here, then it'll come across as ''borrowed'' when you say it.
  9. How about:
    I'm looking for a job which is more interesting than the standard 9 to 5 office (factory, shop etc) that very quickly becomes boring. I believe that a career in the navy will be varied and interesting. Though it will be a challenge and I am sure that I will fit in and enjoy the life. Service life is a bit of a tradition in my family, my father and brother served in the army, but I really fancy the navy.
  10. ye i get wat ya mean but is that goin to be ok if u say that then?!!!
  11. Yes but put it in your own words. Have a practice with someone before your interview.
    Just one more thing:
    Your English language also needs working on!
  12. am just typing quickly! because i have other things i need to be doing i can speak perfectly good english thank you
  13. Tut, tut, Slim... you forgot to add the most important bit...

...but I really fancy the navy because I know that only by joining the Navy, will I really get the opportunity to feel a Man!

:wink: :lol: :lol:
  14. Some matelots here definately can't..... :wink: :lol:
  15. Is the keyboard missing a shift key and any punctuation other than the bang?

16. hey you are a funny guy arent you!!!
  17. Donr
    You are the one who asked for advice. Of course to start with we all had a bit of a joke, however we did hopefully give you one or two pointers. many of us on the site believe that a reasonable command of the English language is an essential part of a successful career. Unfortunately this belief does not seem to be shared by the younger generation, however anyone lacking English skills will find it will affect their career whether in the RN or elsewhere.
  18. yes and i appreciate the help, but at times taking the mick really doesnt boost my confidence. i understand that the english language is being abused but when in a rush it is easier to abreviate!!! so thank you for your comments they have been of great help!
  19. Well you could say you want a career with prospects,the possibility of world travel etc ,but then you could get that as a Missionary.What Branch do you want to join?
  20. And a girl in every port, what port, none left. lmao.