Interview Help

Discussion in 'History' started by Tomahawk, Nov 3, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi there,

As part of my Undergraduate dissertation, I'm looking to interview a Royal Navy Officer that was served in the Falklands War and I was wondering if someone could possibly help me with this and put me in contact with someone willing to be interviewed.

I will provide full details via an email from my University account if anyone is able to help.

Thanks

2. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

3. that was served? With his diner, a warrant, a subpoena?

Sorry Tomahawk, I do not normally pick up on poor English, but I just could not resist

4. exJenny

exJenny War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

With his diner?

Just the thoughts of a blonde ex wren.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Ex J, the main reason for me not picking others up, is because I am more than a little prone to making the bloopers myself

6. Well if he was served as dinner, I guess he wouldn't be around to answer my questions. And haha, no bother, I must have missed that one when I checked it over.

Thanks SPB, think Lord West might not be interested in helping out a lowly undergrad though. If anyone else could possibly help, that would be great!

7. Has to be an officer? There were many, many other ranks that would have far more interesting recollections.

8. Cannot help with the interview, however if there are people you feel wont respond, although that may be true you can get your dissertation supervisor to write a letter on your behalf and that of the Uni; often carries more clout. but if your dissertation requires further research into RN history etc then if you are ever in Portsmouth there are plenty of resources! The history centre above central library has copies of every RN book published, most of which are for use in the library only but still invaluable. The dockyard also has a library, if you email them you book a date (for security reasons), give a brief overview of what you are researching, and they gather the information and sources ready for when you go in.

Good luck with it, writing mine was the most stressful time haha- however handing it in was one of the proudest days :)