Interview help

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by CallumPM, Nov 20, 2012.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. What will I need to research for interview? (Going for ET WE)

Any advice will be appreciated, cheers :D

2. The ability to use the search function might help.

3. He said that not me!!!!!!!!:glasses10:

4. haha i have tried that matey but didn't find much help. thought i'd make my own post to see if i could get any tips or hints

• Like Like x 1
  5. yeah i'll try google but i joined up on here yesterday and though i may as well utilise it deary

6. Ahh, so you'd prefer if someone wet nursed you.

Sorry but in the mob you'll find the best way to get anything is get it yourself. Because there are loads of waffling shits like me to steer you in the wrong direction. Not on purpose but because most of us are ex and therefore out of date.

7. haha hair enough i can handle the banter. probably better of googling it just though it'd be nice to get some advice on people who had been through the interview process recently

8. So you pick there brains! What if they see you as competition and give you a bum steer. Competition is stiff these days, Many going after few jobs.

Do your own research, don't be lazy.

9. DEARY??? I have just done the stupidly simple task of searching this site for you, you lazy ****, the only way i could have made it easier for you would be to come round your house and move your fingers on the key pad (which i have basically done online)

Last edited: Nov 20, 2012
    • Like Like x 3
  10. OMM

OMM War Hero

Got my interview 4th Dec for WE.

You should know:
    What the job entails
    Initial wage
    Where you can be based (don't forget shore bases)
    What type ships you can work on
    Break down of basic training
    Break down of professional training
    What happens on PRNC
    And why you want to join the NAVY in that branch

11. What Waspie said, but if and when you are in the Mob, and you ask Q's, if people
    think you are an easy target, they will deliberately send you in the wrong
    direction, as a training aid to let you know to do it yourself in future and
    stand on your own two feet, we all tolerate trainees but not passengers?

• Like Like x 1