Interview concern

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Pippa91, May 24, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I have my sift interview coming up where I have sought loads of help and advise from several people. After researching question on the Internet I found they always ask you if you have ever taken any drugs. Whilst at uni I did try marijuana but only a few puffs and only once. I have mentioned this to people and I have got mixed reactions back as to whether or not I should declare it. It happened years ago and I do not consider a puff or two overly significant. What could I say to support my case? Obviously I need to declare it but would that be me out of the running straight away?
  2. OMM

OMM War Hero

They won't ask if you've used it, they will ask if you are familiar with the forces policy on drug use.
  3. Depends on the person giving the interview, I was asked "have you ever done cocaine, heroin, marijuana etc". They will definitely ask about the Navy's drugs policy.
  4. OMM

OMM War Hero

I should of said from my experience, apologies.
  5. I don't think that counts really I'v had friends in the army who have done all sorts of drugs. I'v never done it but all I can say is that I think there more interested in if you are dependant on drugs like you do it every month or less but don't take my word on that. They asked me "are you aware of the navy drugs policy and what it is?" . Hope that helps.
    Last edited: May 25, 2013
  6. Two puffs of a joint? Hardly a crack whore. Chill out, don't mention it, don't do it again.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

According to our service psychologists (QinetiQ) the majority of the UK population of under 25's are believed to have experimented with some form of drug,illegally.

The issue is attitude & frequency. If we barred anyone who experimented once in their distant past before joining, wardrooms & messdecks would be very lonely dwellings.
  8. Don't go dressed like this and you will be fine.

Attached Files:

9. As long as you didn't inhale..........
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Just lie and don't do it again.
  11. Oh my god, talk to frank.

Posted from the Navy Net mobile app (Android / iOS)