Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

International Submariners Medal

Harry_off_the_Hermes said:
These non-official awards are junk and I can't imagine why anyone who has served would feel the need to purchase one, but to lump the Veteran's Badge in with them and describe it as pathetic is misguided.

Agreed.

Must agree who needs to buy a f***king medal we,ve got our dolphins which we have earned . Some twats wear a medal cause they went on a banyan and have found out they were entitled. But remember Dolphins are worn above medals ,That says it all. I said Sippers NOT F***ING HALF ME TOT!!!!!!

I hate to sound a big timer, but I now have 6 medals on my uniform(all awarded not bought by the way) and i have my Dolphins above them even though I am now a pongo. Guess which one I am the proudest ?Yep the Dolphins.Thats why I am so fecking anti these plastic pathetic self awarded gongs. I have plenty of earnt,awarded,etc etc medals .But my Dolphins are the best.

skyvet said:
Well I've ordered mine - us sundodgers have to take whatever we can get! As far as "official" goes, it's a commemorative medal, struck by what seems to be a reputable firm, to mark 100 years of submarining.

2001 was the Royal Navy Submarine centenary.

lsadirty said:
Just checked the web site, they're £29.50 AND they are subject to a vertting process. Still a bit dubious about it mind.....

For “vettingâ€, do you think they mean cheque clearing?

My dad got me one bless him but I just keep it my old pussers suitcase along with other stuff.Nice thought but you cant really wear it officially anyway.There was talk at SOCA of trying to make it official but as you some have already said you already have your Dolphins to wear.Thats enough for me.
i have received my Veterans badge,in actual fact they sent me two????

Think ur being hard on skyvet, Deeps. I served on Cachalot on various sneekys . And sat on bottom of med, being depthcharged by Ruskies. Conning tower tower in bits as well as my 18yr old nerves!! Then went to Superb. And horrific sea trials out of Barrow. No medals for that!!? International submariners medal is worn as a respect to SUBMARINERS World wide!!!

Think ur being hard on skyvet, Deeps. I served on Cachalot on various sneekys . And sat on bottom of med, being depthcharged by Ruskies. Conning tower tower in bits as well as my 18yr old nerves!! Then went to Superb. And horrific sea trials out of Barrow. No medals for that!!? International submariners medal is worn as a respect to SUBMARINERS World wide!!!
Deeps hasn't been on the site since 2012, Skyvet in Jan 2022 so you may not get a response.

Latest Threads