Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

International Submariners Medal

Maxi_77 said:
I must admit in reality they are WALT labels, if you are actually entitled will you bother buying a medal like that.

Correct!

The sad fact is that these companies rely on conning people into thinking they are entitled to a medal.

If anyone thinks you are, contact the Veterans Agency, please don't be ripped-off by opportunist companies.

Real medals cost nothing but blood, sweat, tears, (usually by your family), sometimes bravery (by you) & often a sun-tan over and above the call of duty.
 
I am with most of you guys on this one. Why buy a medal? Its cheap and its tacky. My Dolphins are all I require to show my service in submarines .
Too many companies are cashing in on this ''walt'' medal thing.Its bad enough seeing these guys on parade during November wearing completely toss medals ,without someone deciding to wear a ''submarine service medal'' .If I saw someone withone on his chest he would get a mouthful off me.

If you earned a medal, the queen would of given you one !!!!!
 
Deeps said:
My Dolphins are all I require to show my service in submarines .

Agreed Deeps. We're all aware that because of the nature of the submarine service, medals are not always given to those that were there, but not in an official capacity.

To my mind, as you say, the Dolphins say it all & earn the respect of those that know.
 
Ninja_Stoker said:
Deeps said:
My Dolphins are all I require to show my service in submarines .

Agreed Deeps. We're all aware that because of the nature of the submarine service, medals are not always given to those that were there, but not in an official capacity.

To my mind, as you say, the Dolphins say it all & earn the respect of those that know.

100% agreement on this one.
 
Agreed who the hell would be daft enough to spend £37.50 on a silly medal.
When would you wear it and why?
Fer gawds sake nearly as pathetic as the veterans medal!!
Get a life fer gawds sake
 
Everyone is entitled to their opinion! I've ordered mine to have something tangible to hand down to my daughter when I "stop snorting and go deep" for the last time!
 
Just give her your Dolphins then skyvet.Failing that buy her a Barbie doll ,because a Barbie doll carries more kudos than a poxy international submariners medal.

Skynet what are you going to tell her when you hand over your ''medal''?
I am sure she will be thrilled with a medal from a box of cornflakes ,lets face it mate thats what this medal is. You were not awarded it , you bought it yourself.
 
Polycell said:
Agreed who the hell would be daft enough to spend £37.50 on a silly medal.
When would you wear it and why?
Fer gawds sake nearly as pathetic as the veterans medal!!
Get a life fer gawds sake

With regard to the Veteran's badge:

[align=center]"With the compliments of the Under Secretary of State for Defence and Minister for Veterans

This HM Armed Forces Veteran's Badge is presented to you in recognition of your service to your country."[/align]

What is pathetic about that?
 
Harry_off_the_Hermes said:
This HM Armed Forces Veteran's Badge is presented to you in recognition of your service to your country."[/align]

What is pathetic about that?

Nothing- read back through to the beginning of the thread & you'll find where the reference is made regarding pathetic, non-official awards which cost you money.
 
Ninja_Stoker said:
Harry_off_the_Hermes said:
This HM Armed Forces Veteran's Badge is presented to you in recognition of your service to your country."[/align]

What is pathetic about that?

Nothing- read back through to the beginning of the thread & you'll find where the reference is made regarding pathetic, non-official awards which cost you money.

Read the post from Polycell which I quoted above. I am not having a go at him because his perception of what the Veteran's Badge is about is obviously misconceived. These non-official awards are junk and I can't imagine why anyone who has served would feel the need to purchase one, but to lump the Veteran's Badge in with them and describe it as pathetic is misguided.
 
lsadirty said:
Just checked the web site, they're £29.50 AND they are subject to a vertting process. Still a bit dubious about it mind.....

Apparently they require written proof you passed your Part 3 !!










:thumright:
 
lsadirty said:
Just checked the web site, they're £29.50 AND they are subject to a vertting process. Still a bit dubious about it mind.....

No, surely not?

Nicks said:
Apparently they require written proof you passed your Part 3 !!
:thumright:

Oh well in that case, they must be absolutely bone-fide. I can't believe I was so cynical. :salut:




Erm, yes I can. Hope you get a written citation with them: :tp:
 

Latest Threads

New Posts

Top