Interesting use of Boats parts...;)

Discussion in 'Submariners' started by AfterSSE, Jun 5, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Don't know if this has been posted before (too lazy to search), but I got this link from our Submarine Forum here in Halifax where they are discussing putting parts of one of the O Boats in our park in Halifax, sort of cheaper this way...

Actually looks like land sharks...:DDD
  2. Its original ill give it that. i like it.
  3. I can't hear the 'dudum...duuudum...dundundundundun' music so it don't scare me!
  4. Are these other cases of 'tracing paper on the chart' ?
  5. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

Ahhhhhhhhh,,,, The mystery is solved,,,,,,HMS Dreadnought's ( Rosyth non-tidal basin ) fin has turned up. For years I asked why did they cut it off. :whew:
  6. Sorry been done the casing and Fin of HMAS/m Otway is set in a park in Holbrook in Australia to celebrate the towns best known citizen and hero.

Today Otway's casing and fin can be seen in Holbrook, NSW, a tiny rural town of some 1,500 people located 500 km south-west of Sydney. "Holbrook" was after Naval Commander Norman Holbrook who in a submarine with battery power for only two hours stayed submerged for nine hours (unheard of in 1914) evading the enemy by maneuvering. Replica of the original B11 submarine and a statue of Commander Holbrook are also located at the town main square.

7. I think we may be getting our 'fins' ('sails' in the US Navy) mixed up with our hydroplanes. It's an imaginative idea though and a fitting tribute to undersea Cold War warriors. See also here.