Interesting Badge Qualifications

Discussion in 'The Fleet' started by lgu98141, Feb 19, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I was in Slops today picking up my jacket and saw a CPO's one on the rack which had a Royal Yacht Badge, Commando Dagger and Marksman Badge.

Just wondering if anyone has seen or knows anyone with interesting combos eg Submariner with wings, mcd with commando dagger

2. There is a Surg Lt Cdr with jump wings, dolphins and a dagger (not me!) - obtained through a combination of former lives. He manages to black-cat most people!

3. Rick Jolly?

I know he's a Cdr but he had all those, no?

4. Surg Capt Rick Jolly RN (Retd) wasn't a submariner (I think - pse correct me on this if I'm wrong)!

5. I do remember seeing a Lt Cdr or Cdr ETM at Sultan in 2006 with jump wings and dagger with a crapload of medals. Think he was in the SBS previously - though probably was a bite!!!

6. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

We had a RMR occifer who was also a doctor he had wings as well I think. He went regular and the next time I saw him he was in naval rig with red rings next to his gold ones. Wonder if it was him?

7. Surg Capt Rick Jolly RN (Retd) wasn't a submariner (I think - pse correct me on this if I'm wrong)!

Fair one Angrydoc- I've sat through a fair few mess dinners with him and was sure I've heard him say he did some time in boats as well as everything else. Couldn't find anything in a quick google though.

8. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

I've seen plenty of Matelots and Royals with their Brown and Yellow Wings on display... :wink: