Interested in my application?

Hello all , I am applying for the Royal Navy on Thursday this week as an ET(ME) if you were wondering. Anyway I recently saw ws1602's thread on his application process and was wondering if anyone would care to see mine? I can frequently update it and will be sure to document it all as I feel like it helped me when I saw his. So if you're interested even if its for 1 person I'll be sure to start this up.

Thanks.

Great then I have no excuse. I'm well aware that I am a way off from Raleigh but I still worry so could you lend me a few tips? it would be much appreciated but no worries if you can't find the time I can imagine you're rather busy.

Great then I have no excuse. I'm well aware that I am a way off from Raleigh but I still worry so could you lend me a few tips? it would be much appreciated but no worries if you can't find the time I can imagine you're rather busy.
If you can change the name of your Rum Ration/Navy-Net account to something more anonymous, it might be for the best, J.

Yes I realised my stupidity too , I had no clue on how to do it so I messaged an admin (according to a thread I read that's how to do it) hopefully I can find out how to change it soon.

Thank you for the concern.

Well it depends really on what your looking to get out of raleigh and how you take it.

My general advice would be practise kit and get that muscle memory of how to fold and iron clothes, even if it's with a bit of cardboard cut to the size of a4 and obviously train your fitness... Not just to the standards of the navy but above! If you can run your rnft time then carry on pushing yourself, followed by circuits of press ups and burpees etc...

But my main thing would be, look forward to it and go through those gates with the attitude that you want to improve yourself as a person and challenge yourself.

There's alot of general concerns that I can guarantee someone can relate to you with when going through the gates and even before that, but at the end of it you come out a better person so enjoy the ride!

Update 1 : So after trying to apply yesterday I rang my AFCO and told them I was having problems with my application , as I was exactly 15 years and 9 months I should have had no problems but they said I should wait a day for their system to update. So here I am today trying to apply and I managed to get through the initial sign up and received an email to do a more in depth application . Once I opened the email I had to create an account and confirm it through another email after this I could continue the application without losing any data I had put in. I put in my phone number . email , nationality etc and when I went to press submit I was told I had to be 16 when my role says I can be 15 and 9 months to apply. I called my AFCO and they gave me a number to call , I believe it was the Royal Navy Recruitment Line ( I think anyway ) and they basically told me it was a problem on their behalf and that they will deal with this and contact my AFCO when they have a solution. Bit gutted but I have waited so long for this I guess I can wait a little longer.

Cheers

Update 2 : I finally got my application sorted as I realised this morning when I got an email saying ' TAKE THE NEXT STEP' It basically said that my next step will be the Naval Service Recruiting Test (NSRT). I thought it was called a physcometric test , is this the same thing or something else?

Thanks

Update 2 : I finally got my application sorted as I realised this morning when I got an email saying ' TAKE THE NEXT STEP' It basically said that my next step will be the Naval Service Recruiting Test (NSRT). I thought it was called a physcometric test , is this the same thing or something else?

Thanks
Same thing. The website has short test for you to practice on here: https://www.royalnavy.mod.uk/careers/joining/get-ready-to-join/practise-for-rt-test/reasoning
All four sections are there, but I know there's a longer test also on the website, because I did it. But I can't find it on the website, and I can't find the thread that linked to it from here.

Update 3: I had some more issues with my age and my national insurance , and had to end up lying about my age and adding my real age in the additional comments (I was told to do so) but as I finally took my last GCSE I had some time to spend on my application so I filled in some other stuff and I've been told i'll be notified in 7 days on what's happening. I assumed I had already sent everything in for my application but apparently not. I now have a huge summer holiday where I can really push the process , everything is rather slow.

Update 3: I had some more issues with my age and my national insurance , and had to end up lying about my age and adding my real age in the additional comments (I was told to do so) but as I finally took my last GCSE I had some time to spend on my application so I filled in some other stuff and I've been told i'll be notified in 7 days on what's happening. I assumed I had already sent everything in for my application but apparently not. I now have a huge summer holiday where I can really push the process , everything is rather slow.
yeah same. this caused issues for me and then theyb thought i was 1 year older

Update 4 : The AFCO near me called and after confirming some details I booked a date for my NSRT I will be sitting the test on the 11th of July. I'm quite nervous by I've left myself enough time to study so hopefully I will pass smoothly without any issues.

Update 4 : The AFCO near me called and after confirming some details I booked a date for my NSRT I will be sitting the test on the 11th of July. I'm quite nervous by I've left myself enough time to study so hopefully I will pass smoothly without any issues.
There are plenty of sources for mock tests and such, you should be fine. Just don’t let the nerves get the better of you, this is the first hurdle and you don’t want to trip this early on as the recruiters will just see it as you not making an effort! Good luck pal and keep us updated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are plenty of sources for mock tests and such, you should be fine. Just don’t let the nerves get the better of you, this is the first hurdle and you don’t want to trip this early on as the recruiters will just see it as you not making an effort! Good luck pal and keep us updated.
Thank you very much , I'm studying every day and as you say there are plenty of resources out there. There isn't a better time to do the tests.

Hello , today was the day of my recruitment test. I arrived at 9:00 for the 9:30 test in trousers and a shirt with a tie and was told to sit in a waiting room with other candidates. While the others were chatting I was called up by a very kind royal marine who took my documents in (birth certificate , passport , national insurance and health number) and basically said I should be fine as I have just done my GCSE's. I was sent back to the waiting room and we waited for the last few people to arrive.

At 9:40 we were all called into a room where we sat in typical exam style and were briefed about what was about to happen , as I practiced a lot I already knew what to do. The actual test was fine I didn't really find it too hard and the timing was fine ( I even had a while to triple check all answers) however I must warn you on the verbal ability , maybe it was just me but this was the section I found most difficult.

After we had completed the test the Royal Marine from the beginning lead us to the waiting room where he told us to leave for an hour and come back when the marking was completed. I found a nice café and got a drink while the others stood in shade , when I came back they took 30 minutes to mark the rest and then recruits who failed were brought to an office where they were told individually that they have failed. The remaining 5 out of 10 were brought to another room where we were given a new folder with our career adviser's name on the top. Enclosed was our medical forms for capita and our eye test for BOOTS not SPECSAVERS! Apparently this is a common mistake people make. Anyway after that we were dismissed and all went our separate ways.

If you need help revising I would suggest completing the NSRT practice booklet and the link to the timed 30 question tests (https://www.royalnavy.mod.uk/practice-naval-service-recruitment-test-navy/index.html) and then studying the specific topics you got incorrect e.g : pulleys gears etc. Other than that I don't know what to say just keep calm , sleep well the night before and drink water.

Hello , today was the day of my recruitment test. I arrived at 9:00 for the 9:30 test in trousers and a shirt with a tie and was told to sit in a waiting room with other candidates. While the others were chatting I was called up by a very kind royal marine who took my documents in (birth certificate , passport , national insurance and health number) and basically said I should be fine as I have just done my GCSE's. I was sent back to the waiting room and we waited for the last few people to arrive.

At 9:40 we were all called into a room where we sat in typical exam style and were briefed about what was about to happen , as I practiced a lot I already knew what to do. The actual test was fine I didn't really find it too hard and the timing was fine ( I even had a while to triple check all answers) however I must warn you on the verbal ability , maybe it was just me but this was the section I found most difficult.

After we had completed the test the Royal Marine from the beginning lead us to the waiting room where he told us to leave for an hour and come back when the marking was completed. I found a nice café and got a drink while the others stood in shade , when I came back they took 30 minutes to mark the rest and then recruits who failed were brought to an office where they were told individually that they have failed. The remaining 5 out of 10 were brought to another room where we were given a new folder with our career adviser's name on the top. Enclosed was our medical forms for capita and our eye test for BOOTS not SPECSAVERS! Apparently this is a common mistake people make. Anyway after that we were dismissed and all went our separate ways.

If you need help revising I would suggest completing the NSRT practice booklet and the link to the timed 30 question tests (https://www.royalnavy.mod.uk/practice-naval-service-recruitment-test-navy/index.html) and then studying the specific topics you got incorrect e.g : pulleys gears etc. Other than that I don't know what to say just keep calm , sleep well the night before and drink water.
Well done mate! Onwards and upwards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Update 4: i had my eye test at boots. It was just a simple eye test that you would get anywhere. I was 15 when i did this and i needed something signed by my parents so make sure you go with them if youre not 16 or above.