Inter service transfer

REME-Chancer

Midshipman
Evening all,

I have scoured the forums regarding this issue and alot of good information has come up.

I am currently a Corporal Vehicle mechanic within the REME, possibly soon to be selected Sgt in June.

I'm interested in an inter service transfer into a marine engineering role, surface Fleet ideally. I know a few years ago this was a well trodden path but I can't seem to find any information regarding availability of roles at my current rank etc.

I've made enquiries to the navy rejoiners email inbox and also used the live chat on the site but have either not had a reply or not received information other than submit an AF B 241 and see what happens.

As you can all understand, submitting a 241 without any site of what's available is a risk and I'd rather have some basic information before I show my hand to my COC.

Any replies would be greatly appreciated.

REME-Chancer

Midshipman
Would rather not stab in the dark if possible, do you have an official vacancies list similar to the army? I've tried scouring defence connect to no avail!

REME-Chancer

Midshipman
Cheers salty dog, I'm happy with the actual process of submitting my AF B241 and how things would pan out from there, it's whether or not there are even vacancies with the sector I'm looking to go into if possible and also what rank I would likely be offered if successful. I appreciate maybe the Navy doesn't offer this sort of information up in the way the RAF or the Army do in the form of a vacancies list.

Waspie

War Hero
Cheers salty dog, I'm happy with the actual process of submitting my AF B241 and how things would pan out from there, it's whether or not there are even vacancies with the sector I'm looking to go into if possible and also what rank I would likely be offered if successful. I appreciate maybe the Navy doesn't offer this sort of information up in the way the RAF or the Army do in the form of a vacancies list.
I have a felling you may have to contact a AFCO for that level of info.
TBH, I have never heard of a 'vacancies list' in the Navy. But then again, I have been out quite a while!!

REME-Chancer

Midshipman
I have a felling you may have to contact a AFCO for that level of info.
TBH, I have never heard of a 'vacancies list' in the Navy. But then again, I have been out quite a while!!
Cheers for the reply, I've sent a few emails but heard nothing back, and the Army and the RAF publish lists of trades with vacancies and also at what rank ranges people will be accepted as a sort of guide for In service transfers. Out of country at the moment otherwise I'd be on the blower to an AFCO!

janner

MIA
Book Reviewer
In the not too distant past a couple of Army lads have come across to the RN into the engineering side, being old I can't remember what they logged in under but someone else might.

Latest Threads