Inter forces relationships

Harryjk04

My current partner and I both want to join the military, we’re both fully willing to try and make it work as well as possible and we both support eachother fully however I’m hoping to join the navy as an WE officer whereas she wants to join the army as a veterinary officer. I wondered if anyone knew anything about relationships over the different forces such as deployments, could we ever live together, if we got married would that change it at all?

Open to any and all advice

Thanks in advance

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
If you want it to work, it will work, I doubt you'll be based together, apart from operating on gunners there's not much use for vets in naval ports.

Just be happy she's not joining the crabs..oh the shame of it if she did!!

Union Jack

Lantern Swinger
From The 70s
Fly Navy
Dig Army
Eat Crab
Shoe Horses? Or, should that be Shoe Seahorses?

Incidentally, I'm intrigued by the mention of the "current partner", surely not being used as the introduction that used to keep ladies on their toes, namely "Have you met my Current Next of Kin?":eek:

Jack

guns1969

War Hero
If you want it to work, it will work, I doubt you'll be based together, apart from operating on gunners there's not much use for vets in naval ports.

Just be happy she's not joining the crabs..oh the shame of it if she did!!
In the old days, the C/POGI's at Whale Island used to fix us lads. Nowadays, whatever passes for a 'Gunner' would probably benefit from a visit to the vet.

ahoy!

Midshipman
Your pongo partner being a vet could easily have you spayed preventing you from slipping an erstwhile female a length when you are cock and tailing it somewhere hot and humid on the high seas.