Intelligence Branch Badge

Discussion in 'The Quarterdeck' started by hantslad, Aug 30, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. What does the Intelligence Branch Badge look like in the RN/RNR and the RM/RMR?

Just curious...
  2. A big one of these.

3. 'Err, ello, um, intelligence speaking - wot do ya want?'

Intelligence! - intelligence thats an oxymoron and yes I have swallowed a dictionary :lol:
  4. It's a six pointed star with an L in the middle and CS written underneath, or do those buggers just think they know everything?
  5. There is no Int branch. EWs and CTs do Int at the Rating level, GS(X)(Int) do Int as Officers. (For those who can't follow that, it means General Service (X or Warfare)(Intelligence). There is an opportunity for non-Warfare Officers to transfer to GS(X)(Int), however it means getting a Bridge Watchkeeping Ticket and PWO qualification, or accepting you will be a career Lt RN. Some SUY EW/CT will not have this rule applied, but are likely to be capped at Lt Cdr.
  6. Intelligence is not an oxymoron- sorry! It needs to be a contradictory term like military intelligence or dark light etc. Sorry for been a dick and picking you up. :wink:
  7. (granny)

(granny) War Hero Book Reviewer

Two crossed above....two stars below.
    (waiting for incoming. haha.)
  8. Crossed light bulbs, one on for the good ideas, one off for the customary amount use to the Fleet.
  9. For security purposes the Intelligence Branch badge is invisible.

By the way, you ain't seen me....right?
  10. My bold

I found that when I was a Golly (sorry, EW) that this was the most interesting part of the job.
  11. I thought they all had aeroplanes on them, standfast the ones with H on!! :D
  12. Isn't it a golden boot (representing the Intelligence Branch) stepping on a turd (representing the intellect of everyone else in the Navy)?
  13. Wow that's deep.

I always thought the intelligence branch was like DHP. They put under performing ratings who were shite at their own job, in charge of things like that.
  14. And promote them I hear :D