INTELLIGENCE BRANCH ASSESSMENT WEEKEND - FEB 09 - REMINDER

Discussion in 'Royal Naval Reserve (RNR)' started by HMS_FERRET_RECRUITMENT, Jan 13, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. This is a reminder that the next assessment weekend for entry into the Intelligence Branch will be held in February 2009. If you are interested in transferring to the branch, and wish to be considered for assessment, then please send a PM to this account with a contact email address as soon as possible to receive an application form.

If you have already received a copy of the CMRTM and application form, then please return it to HMS FERRET, through your own chain of command, by Jan 30.

Attendance at this weekend is by prior selection only; do not put in an RNR16 to attend until you have been informed that we would like you to be there. Individuals who attend without having been selected will be RTUd.

2. Are you so desperate that you need to recuit from a social site, or just too thick to know this is NOT an official channel of comms. Or isit?

3. Surely if you that intelligent you would already know all this?

4. Or, perhaps, you could say, "Thanks for passing this on, the comms via the CoC are dreadful and belt & braces never hurt anyone..."

But heh, stick to being right regardless...

5. Joining instructions for all short-listed candidates have now been dispatched.

Applicants not shortlisted will be loaded onto the next selection later in the year.

Applications will continue to be accepted and loaded onto the next available selection weekend.

6. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

The poster's identity is known to Good/Bad CO and the Moderators. This thread is genuine...

7. And they used to say the phrase 'Army Intelligence' was an oxymoron!

8. PM sent

9. Re: INTELLIGENCE BRANCH ASSESSMENT WEEKEND - FEB 09 - REMIND

A PM from myself also.

Did you receive a response Bisley?

10. Re: INTELLIGENCE BRANCH ASSESSMENT WEEKEND - FEB 09 - REMIND

yep response received very quickly :lol:

11. Re: INTELLIGENCE BRANCH ASSESSMENT WEEKEND - FEB 09 - REMIND

Can I apply to join the Intelligence branch without actually been in the RN?

12. Re: INTELLIGENCE BRANCH ASSESSMENT WEEKEND - FEB 09 - REMIND

Are you in the RNR, Moses?

13. Moses - you can certainly apply to join the branch, although you would have to go through new entry training and spend time in the SEA branch prior to applying to sit the selection weekend.

At present, we anticipate the next weekend will be in late September / early October.

14. Soleil; No, i'm not, I just graduated from uni with a BSc (Hons) in Geography. I was a mature student.

HMS Ferret; Do you have a link to a website for this, I would like some more info. I am not sure what you mean by the sea branch. Plus, what is the age requirements for entry into this career?

Thanks!

15. Re: INTELLIGENCE BRANCH ASSESSMENT WEEKEND - FEB 09 - REMIND

Thanks. I was wondering though, is this career only on a part time basis?

16. Re: INTELLIGENCE BRANCH ASSESSMENT WEEKEND - FEB 09 - REMIND

Moses

If you are interested in joining the RNR, check out the next recruitment evening at your nearest Unit. Do you know where that is?

17. Re: INTELLIGENCE BRANCH ASSESSMENT WEEKEND - FEB 09 - REMIND

Soleil; No, I have no idea. I just phoned a number i found on the HMS Ferret page, and they couldn't tell me a lot over the phone, so they're sending me out some information and some other contact numbers.

18. Re: INTELLIGENCE BRANCH ASSESSMENT WEEKEND - FEB 09 - REMIND

Are you looking to join the Royal Navy as an Officer on a full-time basis?

19. Re: INTELLIGENCE BRANCH ASSESSMENT WEEKEND - FEB 09 - REMIND

Yes, I am, however, there doesn't seem to be any jobs that I can apply for that will let me join as an officer apart from logistics officer, i'm just about 32. Plus, military intelligence is something I would really like to get into!