Intakes at Raleigh

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Taffd, Jan 26, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Right, I've tried the search facility, tried the RN site and tried asking the wife - no joy.

Purely as a matter of interest, how large and how often are the intakes to Raleigh.

If you don't know, then any appropriate sarcastic, vitriolic, malicious, mischievous answer would be appreciated. Inventive invective, even more so.

My thanks, in advance.
  2. I don't think anyone really knows the answer to that just yet, Taffd. They recently froze the intakes into Raleigh though a brother of one of my friends was today given a Raleigh start date in July so hopefully that's a sign that the machine will start regurgitating recruits through again. I, however, know nothing.
  3. 60 a week eh? Never thought it would be that many. Assumed it would be fortnightly or monthly.

Again, many thanks.
  4. Yeah, I got that thanks. Though I didn't mention it, I was actually talking past rather than future. I only asked because it cropped up in conversation with my son, who starts in the near future.

I'm an ex-matelot myself and want to be supportive, but find that I appear to know more about the Marines than about the RN of today.
  5. From what I can gather, intakes will be every week again as of May - I have a start date for the end of may, followed by someone I know from the RNAC having a start date for a week mine after and then someone else off the RNAC the week after that.

As to intake size, will have to wait and see!
  6. nice one you jammy bastard lol, i called my afco today they told me my CA was on a course and will phone me back tomorrow hope to see you all again this time at raleigh
  7. just out of interest, how many people are waiting for a start date for raleigh?
  8. Loads

Do you mean on this site? If you mean in total I am sure the Afco may have a ballpark figure but I doubt they could provide you with an exact number.
  9. Intakes start on the 8th May and there will be 5 consecutive entries. Thereafter it fluctuates a little. In general it will average out at about two entries every three weeks for the next year. There will be about 55 per entry. You can do the maths.
  10. (Irish accent) thirty three million, three hundred and thirty two thousand ,three hundered and thirty two.

11. i asked how many people are waiting to join the navy, not how many clergymen are waiting to sign the sex offenders register. ;)
  12. Does that mean there will be about 1925 new recruits between may 2011/2012?
  13. I said "You do the maths" and you got it wrong. It's about 1600 as you have to account for 8 weeks leave when Raleigh is closed.
  14. Sorry I was just curious to see if I had about the right figure but I forgot about the holidays. Thanks for correcting me anyways.