Intake question

SnowGoose

Hi all,

Sorry if this has been posted before.
I have applied for the RN, passed medical, eye tests, 1.5mile run, interview etc. I have submitted my SC and am waiting for it to be accepted.
I am applying as a rating for a branch in the warfare department.
I have received a notification on my RN application dashboard saying:

"RN RATING
RN OTHER RANK INTAKE
00:00-23:30 HRS - 08 DECEMBER 2019"

I am assuming this is for HMS Raleigh?
When should I hear about the PRNC? Unless this is the PRNC.
The postcode for this email suggests Raleigh but I was just confirming so I know 100%.

I was also informed there would be an 18 month wait but by the looks of things this has been reduced to 6 months.
Am I correct to think that someone must have dropped out?

Thank you for reading this. Sorry if this has been repeated before I just want to fully understand the situation.
Many thanks

WreckerL

War Hero
Hi all,

I have applied for the RN, passed medical, eye tests, 1.5mile run, interview etc. I have submitted my SC and am waiting for it to be accepted.

"RN RATING
RN OTHER RANK INTAKE

I am assuming this is for HMS Raleigh? 8th of Dec is a Sunday when Phase 1's turn up and, as you're a rating, yes, it's Raleigh. 00:00-23:59 is the time bracket for joining i.e. all day and night on the Sunday.
When should I hear about the PRNC? Unless this is the PRNC. Not PRNC, which may be binned (or may not)
The postcode for this email suggests Raleigh but I was just confirming so I know 100%. Raleigh postcode is PL11 2PD.

I was also informed there would be an 18 month wait but by the looks of things this has been reduced to 6 months.
Am I correct to think that someone must have dropped out? Dropped out, recruiting uplift or any of a hundred reasons.

Thank you for reading this. Sorry if this has been repeated before I just want to fully understand the situation.
Many thanks
Answers in red when you expand the box.

Max9393

Lantern Swinger
Hi all,

"RN RATING
RN OTHER RANK INTAKE

I am assuming this is for HMS Raleigh?
When should I hear about the PRNC? Unless this is the PRNC.
The postcode for this email suggests Raleigh but I was just confirming so I know 100%.

Am I correct to think that someone must have dropped out?

Many thanks
That will be your Raleigh date, the prnc is normally within 28 days of your Raleigh start date

SnowGoose

Thank you both WreckerL and Max9393.
Sorry I am new to this website I don't know how to tag you (unless I have to quote you?)

Many thanks

WreckerL

War Hero
If you want to let us know you've responded put the @ symbol before the screen name, or just use the quote function which will bring up an alert on that persons screen.

Squizzy

That will be your Raleigh date, the prnc is normally within 28 days of your Raleigh start date
My PRNC is this coming Monday, I have the same message “RN OTHER RANK INTAKE but mine is the 27th November. Surely this can’t be right???