Inspector Morse returns...

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by thingy, Apr 28, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

?
  1. No

100.0%
  2. Maybe

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. WTF!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. How can you focus on this rather than this horrid story?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. What is Inspector Morse doing in Austria?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. I have just been reading about the dad who held his daughter in a cellar for 24 years and fathered 7 children by her... were it not in Austria, I would find it unbelievable, but in the country that brought us Hitler, they've produced a new monster...

That aside, for a moment, the picture of the policeman Franz Polzer, in today's issue of The Evening Post, reminds me of John Thaw. (see third picture down via link below).

http://www.aftenposten.no/nyheter/uriks/article2393931.ece

2. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

Is there a name for one that is obsessed by polls?? :bball:

3. "Politician", I think.

4. That country has a history of "Not Noticing" stuff going on right under their noses.

5. Thankfully they noticed me in a big heap on the ski slope last thursday.
    Very efficent hospital and fast service.
    Didnt have any spare knees though.

6. Polish? ;)

7. Seadog

Seadog War Hero Moderator

Serious head: so because Hitler was an Austrian, this is no surprise? Fred West was not only humping his kids but killling them. Wasn't Austrian. Plenty home grown monsters offing their own sprogs, WTF has being Austrian got to do with anything?

Lil's head; as for who Austroplod looks like, I'm more interested in the picture of Natascha Kampusch. Sigh. Looks like Kirsten Dunst.

8. Seadog

Talking of lookalikes, the dad (when his Hereford Sunglasses are removed) looks like Jerry Stiller.......but not as funny. Ãœberplod in uniform (press conference on TV) looks like a less savoury historical celeb with police connections, glasses, uniform, tash.

9. Seadog, Frederik is a German name as is West (pronounced vest)... That my excuse anyway. ;)

When I last visited Austria (Waldheim was still President) most of the population was claiming they were victims rather than willing supporters of the Anschluss. When I was 11 we also have a Viennese boy staying with us who was completely wild. We learned from his parents that schools in Austria are very strict and pupils were, back in 1974, prohibited to speak in class during school hours..... :roll: Reminds me of when I was at school too, except we we good boys... honest! :lol: Anyway after experiencing his company for 3 weeks during which he demended the right to do anything he wanted, to wear tin cans on his feet in Windsor Castle & St George's Chapel despite being told off twice by the Wardens there, etc, etc.... I have a rather tainted view of Austrians. o_O

Steve

10. Just seen the BBC news and he looks more like George Galloway MP. After a shave. :dwarf:

11. Seadog

And while Austria hangs its collective head in shame/or buries its collective head in the sand;

in Jersey the police keep digging and in Preston a posse of unrepentant feral untermenschen are sent down for (frenzied) murder, now an almost daily event. On balance, I'd feel safer in Austria. At least the kids aren't roaming the street in packs!

I'll get my coat.

12. Oh, er, yes, but, well....... ^_^;

Perhaps it's time to defer to Seadog.... :worship: ...don't take this as a precident though ;)

Steve

13. Seadog

14. What kind of math is this then...

Does that mean a life sentence is actually 0.78 yrs in length? or just over 7 Months long.... :afro: