insomnia-ish

LaurenMc

Lantern Swinger
I don't know whether I'm feeling nervous over joining the navy, or just really suffering from lack of sleep, since New Years I've only been getting around 4 hours a night sleep, it's 4am and I'm still awake.

Anyone else suffering from this? As stupid as it sounds, It's making me quite anxious because I need sleep !!

cobs2012

Lantern Swinger
I got night shifts till 2 go to bed at 6 up buy 11 /11:30 in the morning maybe once a week I sleep till 3 when I go to be at 8 in the morning lol. You only need 6 hours most days if that lol

Wait till ya join. You'll be up all night anyway!!!!

Either on the piss or working your arse off. (Maybe not the latter ;-))

I don't know whether I'm feeling nervous over joining the navy, or just really suffering from lack of sleep, since New Years I've only been getting around 4 hours a night sleep, it's 4am and I'm still awake.

Anyone else suffering from this? As stupid as it sounds, It's making me quite anxious because I need sleep !!
I know. I'm in my van watching you!

You say you need sleep but is this making you feel unwell? I'm sure your body would tell you if you weren't getting enough sleep. I usually only get between 4 to 5 hours a night, though am good at cat-napping when the chance arises,and once in a while seem to manage a ten hourer, but that's usually assisted by cider and/or red wine.

Have you told your mummy about this?

Thursday. Up at 07:00 and worked all day. 16:30 off to work until 06:30 on Friday morning.
Head down until (approx) 11:00. Up, shower, shit, shave, scran - pottered about until
16:00 then BACK to work until 06:30 Saturday morning. Home and nut down until 12:00
then up and at 'em until 15:30. Half hour off and a-w-a-y we go again at 16:00 until
06:00 on Sunday morning when I shall zed until about 10:00 and then get up and ****
about until whatever time is labelled as bedtime.

Done 62 hours work time since Tuesday with bits of kip in between. Never had a
nine-to-five existence in my entire life.

Sleep is for tired people what can't stay awake............pussies!

BLAST CAFFEINE - 100% Pure Caffeine Powder

Last edited:
If you suffer from insomnia join as a WE, they do courses in sleeping.
So thats where I went wrong joining as a stoker.

Serious head on, as you know I have suffered chronic insomnia for years, second recovery from my illness seems on track as I got a good 6 hrs last night, up for a lag then a couple more, win.

Is it not? Oh my mistake, thanks for letting me in on the rules.
I had rules once, but after 14 hours a day compulsory rack time I forgot what they were being a greeny really opened my eyes for short periods of time. Remember the moto if in doubt rack out:razz:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A Nautical Jokes 0
soleil The Quarterdeck 36
Scran_Bag Diamond Lil's 20