insomnia-ish

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by LaurenMc, Feb 2, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I don't know whether I'm feeling nervous over joining the navy, or just really suffering from lack of sleep, since New Years I've only been getting around 4 hours a night sleep, it's 4am and I'm still awake.

Anyone else suffering from this? As stupid as it sounds, It's making me quite anxious because I need sleep !!

2. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

I'm awake as well...... weird eh?

3. I got night shifts till 2 go to bed at 6 up buy 11 /11:30 in the morning maybe once a week I sleep till 3 when I go to be at 8 in the morning lol. You only need 6 hours most days if that lol

4. OMM

OMM War Hero

Sleeping is a waste of time anyway....

5. Wait till ya join. You'll be up all night anyway!!!!

Either on the piss or working your arse off. (Maybe not the latter ;-))

6. I know. I'm in my van watching you!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Bollox

8. You say you need sleep but is this making you feel unwell? I'm sure your body would tell you if you weren't getting enough sleep. I usually only get between 4 to 5 hours a night, though am good at cat-napping when the chance arises,and once in a while seem to manage a ten hourer, but that's usually assisted by cider and/or red wine.

9. Have you told your mummy about this?

10. If you suffer from insomnia join as a WE, they do courses in sleeping.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Thursday. Up at 07:00 and worked all day. 16:30 off to work until 06:30 on Friday morning.
    Head down until (approx) 11:00. Up, shower, shit, shave, scran - pottered about until
    16:00 then BACK to work until 06:30 Saturday morning. Home and nut down until 12:00
    then up and at 'em until 15:30. Half hour off and a-w-a-y we go again at 16:00 until
    06:00 on Sunday morning when I shall zed until about 10:00 and then get up and ****
    about until whatever time is labelled as bedtime.

Done 62 hours work time since Tuesday with bits of kip in between. Never had a
    nine-to-five existence in my entire life.

Sleep is for tired people what can't stay awake............pussies!

BLAST CAFFEINE - 100% Pure Caffeine Powder

Last edited: Feb 2, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  12. She said go and post it on a message board and wait for some pedantic nob to comment back, oh look there you are

• Like Like x 5
  13. So thats where I went wrong joining as a stoker.

Serious head on, as you know I have suffered chronic insomnia for years, second recovery from my illness seems on track as I got a good 6 hrs last night, up for a lag then a couple more, win.

14. Correct me if I am wrong but is this not a forum for witty banter and the serious stuff, it is neither a crèche or a GP's surgery.

15. Depends. ..........................

16. Is it not? Oh my mistake, thanks for letting me in on the rules.

17. We have rules? :pale: :shock:

18. Some of us don't :thefinger:

19. I had rules once, but after 14 hours a day compulsory rack time I forgot what they were being a greeny really opened my eyes for short periods of time. Remember the moto if in doubt rack out:razz:

20. Hahaha, I'll keep that in mind.