Injury before fitness test

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by hirstyj, Oct 30, 2014.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I have my fitness test tomorrow but think I've damaged cartilage in my knee.
    Just wondering if I cancel my test how long before I get scheduled another.
  2. Ring your AFCO now and ask their advice. No one on here will be able to tell you quick enough seen as time is of the essence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Cheers Will do that
  4. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

If you've damaged a cartilage and need corrective surgery, you'll need to attend a further medical examination, post surgery & rehabilitation. Generally, if surgery is required, it's a 12 month knock-back.

At the other end of the scale if you call your AFCO before the 28 days are up and just need the injury to recover without surgery, you can negotiate a realistic timescale to take the PJFT.

As stated, it's good to talk with your AFCO - It's amazing how many applicants make the call regarding injury on the day before the 28 days elapse.
  5. What would happen if the 28 days had passed? It's just that I think this is a long term injury
  6. Ninja_Stoker

As long as the AFCO are made aware before the initial 28 days have elapsed, it's not classed as a fail and it'll take as long as it takes to recover, without penalty.
  7. Can't get any answer from the office, Could I ring them first thing tomorrow?
  8. Ninja_Stoker

If you follow the AFCO link in my sig block, you can search for your AFCO under the
    FIND YOUR NEAREST CAREERS OFFICE function & email them. Email is good - it proves you made contact on a given day.
  9. Thanks for your help really appreciate it