Injury advice!

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by ShelleyB, Jan 21, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. HELP!!
    I recently hurt my shoulder at work and am due to go to raleigh on the 10th Feb. I have still been able to keep up my cardio fitness but am panicking as my press ups have always been and still are my weakest area.
    I attempted to practise them today for the first time in a while and am still getting twinges in my shoulder. Any advice about strengthening my shoulder or assisting the healing of it will be gratefully accepted!!!!!

2. Best advice i can give is apply ice. 10 mins on, 20 mins off putting it back into freezer, then another 10 mins on 3 times a day. Oh and REST IT or it wont heal

3. Frozen bag of peas is best.

R.I.C.E. Rest. Immobolise. Cold compression. Elevate. When applying any cold compressions ensure that you do not put directly onto injury for fear of cold burn. Place thin material in between.

4. R.Rest
    I.Ice
    C.Compress
    E.Elevate

Seeing as we are getting all medical.

:thumright: :thumright:

5. Just checking see if anybody is awake

:bball:

6. Roger. Its my profession mate. Cheers Royal!!

7. Put the thinking caps on guys - how in the name of God are you supposed to "elevate" an injured shoulder? Answers on a postcard...

8. Easy,dont spend your day upsidedown!!!!

9. i diagree back packer frozen aweet corn has always been better but defiantely avoid mixed veg

10. Only as long as they are Organic!