Injured!

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by j-jems, Jan 7, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello, I went on my RNAC training on Monday and unfortunately whilst doing PT i twisted my ankle, Collingwood have sent me home as i can not complete the training. My problem is I am meant to be going to Raleigh next Sunday! The AFCO have said that I have to go in tomorrow and see the doc. I am absolutely gutted that im not going to be able to join next week and just wondered if anyone knew about how long it may take for me to be allowed to go to Raleigh. I am going in as CIS which doesn't currentky have a waiting list. ANy help is really appreciated.

2. Sorry to hear that news jems. I can only imagine how gutted you feel! :crying: How bad have you twisted your ankle? Obviously I can only guess what will happen but If the AFCO have arranged for you to see the Doc tomorrow, then I assume they will gauge how long it will take for you to join Raleigh based on his opinions. If it isnt twisted bad and you recover quick then i would guess with CIS having a short lead time that it wouldnt be long for you to start training. I hope everything goes well for you tomorow and you get a positive outcome.

3. I'm sure that one of the RN Recruiters will be online over lunch and will give you an idea as to what will happen now.

Chin up!

4. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Yep, as stated above, it's difficult to say when you will get a joining date if it gets put back because there's no way of guessing how long you will take to physically recover.

The good news is that you won't be waiting too long because CIS is a shortage category & you should get an entry date just a few weeks after you are fit to join.

Best of luck.

5. Hi,

Really just to back up what Ninja has already told you. Once you are fit again, you should quickly get another entry date. Don't be to disheartened and who knows the AFCO medical examiner may so your OK to go.

SM

:nemo:

6. hi thanks for your advise, just an update really. The doc said that im medically unfit and now have to wait 3 months as that is the set period of time for any injury. I have just pulled a muscle in my ankle and will be fine again in a week! But they are the rules! I have to go back in 3 months to be declared fit and they will put in for another date for me. so i am now to wait 3 - 6 months, so gutted ^_^; Good Luck to all you guys and girls going soon and be careful on your RNAC lol!

7. Feel bad for you mate, really. Maybe you will be going in as CIS with me. Then again I may well be joining with a Zimmer Frame the rate my application is progressing!

8. I hope you get in soon mate.
    Dunno how long a wait you'll have after your injury but im going in on may 10th for CIS so hopefully see you there.

9. I really am gutted for you. It is a shit way to be set back and a shame for you not to be starting with us on the 18th, but I am sure the next 3 months will soon pass. At least you will enter Raleigh with a fully healed ankle which will limit the possibility of further injury. Keep your chin up, somethings just take longer to achieve - making it more the better when you do achieve them. :thumright:

10. as everyone else said, i'm gutted for you! tis a shame as we would have gone to collingwood together. As a positive i'll try and give you a heads up on what to expect on phase 2.

11. I seen this happen, you were in my group at RNAC

12. Hi, I have my medical again on 31st and am pretty positive all will be ok and pass! my ankle is fine now and I have been improving my fitness.

I have asked my AFCO if they have any idea as to when my new date could be but they have said they have no idea but it could be up to 5 months as there are so many new recruits waiting at the moment.

I just wondered if anyone knew any different or of any timescales?

I managed to get my old job back after injurying myself but only for 3 months and so leave the week after my medical. I am applying for jobs but with out having any idea of how long I may wait it is pretty difficult.

Sorry to be a pain!

Jemma

13. So you asked your AFCO a question, didn't like the answer, and if you ask it again here and get a different answer it will change things!

14. No not at all, I just think 'dont know but anywhere up to 5 months' is quite a broad answer!

Just wanted to gauge roughly how long other people have waited then I can plan necessities like getting another job!