Initiation ceremonies

Discussion in 'The Quarterdeck' started by snapdragon, Mar 23, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello all. I've just attended my first Blue Nose ceremony! My mess dressed up but I tend not to keep emergency Spiderman outfits in my locker so ended up wearing a swimsuit, Pusser's tropical stockings, the white ensign, deck shoes, lifejacket and beret.

Anyone got a good dit to spin about any crossing the lines ceremonies or such?
  2. Don't believe you.
    Need phots.
  3. I will endeavour to upload some! One of the girls wore red rights, steaming bats, one-piece swimsuit and bolero. She wouldn't wear a shower cap lest she look stupid :)
  4. I am mildly embarrassed by the fact that although I have done all three on a few occasions, my first line crossings are gone into the dim and distant firings of rapidly ageing neurons :)
  5. My god, I read that and shot me lot.
    My initiation involved being tipped out of bed at O'dark Thirty and 'Matthew the Machete' by 6 drunken cnuts who became the best mates I've ever had.
  6. Nozzers Night Ganges got kicked to feck by some tw*t with his parade boots in a pillowcase.
  7. Plain old 'dunking in whatever [email protected] is put into a paddling pool' ceremony :pukel:

I learnt quickly to never ask what ANYTHING is/was!