Initial Training

Discussion in 'RFA' started by EightSixteen, Aug 24, 2015.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. STCW95 - Personal Safety & Social Responsibility / Elementry First Aid (1 - 2 September)

NBCD - Basic Sea Safety Course (14 - 18 September)

So these are my first two training courses since joining the RFA on the 1st of August.

I know there are another two SE's joining me but will there be other new entrants (in other roles) along with us or is it literally just going to be the three of us?

2. Seadog

Seadog War Hero Moderator

For the second, BSSC or possibly ISSC as you're an officer, the classes are mixed RN/RFA/RNR /FBI you name it.
    There will be more than 3 and for some it'll be their umpteenth time doing it. Sprogs and old and bold, showering together.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Cheers Seadog, I hadn't considered that the BSSC would have folk from across the fleet.

Sounds exciting!

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. I'm joining the RFA as a 3/O (E), and will possbly be doing the bssc course with you on the 14th

• Like Like x 1
  5. I'm one of the other SE's doing those courses with you. I'm looking forward to getting started.

• Like Like x 1
  6. I've been officially given my start date as the 2nd September. Just waiting on my assignor confirming if I'll be doing the bssc course on the 14th