Initial Military Fitness Test

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Matt1993, Sep 18, 2014.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I've heard and read a fair bit on the IMF during my first week at Raleigh but can't actually find out what's involved. Can anyone help?

Cheers

2. FFS Matt 1993. Whilst it commendable that you want to prepare for your entry date, knowing the ins/outs of everything is becoming a bit tedious as was explained on a previous thread the you started here.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2014
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Drakey.... give it a rest mate. All im trying to do is find information out. You dont have any requirement to reply to what i say so my advice, ignore it :)

4. Just make sure you bring the correct iron.....

Last edited: Sep 18, 2014
  5. exJenny

exJenny War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

@Matt1993 as long as you are physically fit you needn't worry about it. IMF continues throughout basic training. Use the search function on the forum and you'll probably find most of your questions will have been asked and answered before.

Just the thoughts of a blonde ex-wren. Don't blame me if it all goes tits up.

6. Ok. Thanks Jenny and i apologise if i've come across as annoying on here. Just getting nervous about my start date that's all,

7. Purple_twiglet

Purple_twiglet War Hero Moderator

Fine, you are getting nervous, but you are also not helping yourself. Everyone else has managed to do this without massive injections of possibly out of date advice.

8. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Just to cheer you up - of 32 people on PRNC (North) this week, 4 failed the run and lost their entry dates.

From the same group, three people would've failed the military swimming test.

9. i'm running 9:06 at the mo so something would have to go seriously wrong for me to fail :) not counting all my chickens, but still.

10. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

True, don't count both your chickens Matt. 09:06 is a good time for the PJFT.

Good luck, nonetheless.

11. haha cheers Ninja :) my official time for the PJFT was 9:30 but i've got it down since then. Maybe try and break 9 mins at Collingwood next week

12. exJenny

exJenny War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Let's just hope you can take orders and iron.

Just the thoughts of a blonde ex-wren. Don't blame me if it all goes tits up.

• Like Like x 1