initial medical form

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by daedalus345, Sep 17, 2016.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. hi ,

do answers to the questions only have to be stuff that I have been to the doctors for? e.g. I some times get pain in my shoulder, but is infrequent, does that count as a 'shoulder problem' or are they talking about more serious stuff?

again I sometimes get knee pain, but have not seen the doctor about it? I saw a physio privately and they say i need to wear insoles for my feet.

have had anxiety/ depression in past which ive had cbt, does that class as having a mental illness?

cheers

2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

The medical questionnaire is pretty much self explanatory.

All declared conditions will require further information from your GP and the contracted company will write to gain the medical history relating to the declared condition.

If your GP has no recorded history of the condition, you will be required to prove you no longer have it and to get the qualified evidence at your own expense to be scrutised through qualified medical subject matter experts.

3. thanks ninja, so basically I will complicate things for myself if I talk about stuff that has not been on my medical records?

4. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Not necessarily, but if you have a pre-existing condition that is ongoing and undeclared, then equally you could be discharged for making a fraudulent application.

5. I understand :)