Initial Contact - Application During COVID 19

rg1122

Hi All,

First time posting, I have submitted an application for Aircrew - I meet all the requirements both physical and education that I can find online. I have been asked to contact the my AFCO for a talk to further my application.
I was wondering had anyone else been through this recently?
My concern is it could 1) be a nice little comfy chat about motivation etc or 2) in depth questioning that I am not prepared for covering a huge spectrum.

Any help much appreciated !

Thanks

fishhead

War Hero
As the royal Navy is actively seeking new recruits I suspect it will be option 1) in the first instance. Option 2) will happen at some stage but you have a few hurdles to clear first.
@rg1122 good luck with your application.

rg1122

Excellent thank you for your quick reply & well wishes. It has definitely set me at ease. I didn't want to leave it for more than a day before contacting my AFCO so will be straight to it in the morning.

rg1122

Just an update for anyone else who is currently in this process - it was a genuine call gauging interest and all the basic questions are covered. Motivation/Family/Life Experience/Goals etc. I did only submit my application this week and I am currently at GP stage so please be prepared to move quick if applying seems to my experience so far.

Hope this helps.

WannaBeMatlow

Midshipman
Just an update for anyone else who is currently in this process - it was a genuine call gauging interest and all the basic questions are covered. Motivation/Family/Life Experience/Goals etc. I did only submit my application this week and I am currently at GP stage so please be prepared to move quick if applying seems to my experience so far.

Hope this helps.
Wow that was fast ! just submited mine... where are you at now!