Inhaler?

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Joshdavies123, Apr 15, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi all

been to drs today re chest pain, been prescribed a inhaler for a week but not diagnosed with asthma. I'm wanting to apply online anytime now, will this effect my application?

Josh

2. You must be 4 years clear of having an inhaler, asthma or no asthma mate

3. Go back and ask why you have the inhaler. If it is simply a cold you may not need it. Find out. This is important - the prescription of an inhaler can significantly delay things.

4. I spoke with our local GP when my daughter was prescribed an inhaler for a cough/ cold/ URTI, by the Nurse Practitioner.He was unaware of the problem about the prescribing of inhalers for potential service recruits as was the Nurse.
    Perhaps an article in the Lancet/RCN monthly mag written by someone suitably qualified may be of benefit.

5. I have my medical this week, I had a bad chest infection a few weeks ago and the doc just prescribed me one however I don't have asthma I didn't even use the thing I'm so angry had I known this I would have told him not to bother, great just what I need a set back already :/

Posted from the Navy Net mobile app (Android / iOS)

6. Follow Angrydocs advice and ask your GP stressing RN medical position and entry

7. But once it's on record it on how can seeing the doctor change anything now???

8. Nothing ventured, personally I'm not bothered either way, but if I were in your position, I'd be fighting my corner.
    your career sunshine, fight for it!

• Like Like x 1
  9. I've booked in to see them tomor I'm Definatly gona argue the fact that I didn't even use it plus maybe if they can note that down it will help, seems a stupid rule but non the less rules are rules ha hopefully will all work put ok.

10. Best of luck

11. What type of inhaler is it?

A lot of drugs can be administered using an inhaler.

12. Go on !5Jan - give me a drug which comes in a metered-dose inhaler which doesn't cause recruit medical issues. You're clearly an expert.

13. Do I give the long sarky explanation or point out that my post was very similar to yours?

Right, made up my mind.

My questions is similar to yours, do you have any serious objections or are you in a bad mood because you stepped on a plug?

14. This should get interesting!

15. Sooooo... You cannot name any then?

16. Norman, welcome back

17. .
    .:happy1:

• Like Like x 1
  18. Zyklon B?..............

• Like Like x 2
  19. The use of that is kind of frowned upon isn't it...

20. Blackrat

Blackrat War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

He's probably in a mood because as a qualified Naval Doctor, he's fed up of listening to people like you spouting shite.

By the way i'm not in a bad mood, i just don't like know it all bellends.

• Like Like x 2