Inhailer :/

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Zappy735, Aug 6, 2015.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I am planning to hopefully join the RN as a chef when i have finished school but a couple months ago i was prescribed a Ventoline Evohaler for a nasty chest infection which was causing shortness of breath i have recently collected a second pump (other one ran out) Would this stop me joining the RN? Thank you (i am looking forward to joining )(if i can)

• Like Like x 1
  2. It was for a horrid chest infection that was causing shortness of breath (i can breath normally now..) would that come under RN guidelines for asthma?

3. I'm not a medical person, that's for the doc to decide.

4. Oh yes sorry, thank you though!

5. I had an inhaler for bronchitis before I had my medical, you may need to get proof from the Dr to say it wasn't for asthma and the treatment wasn't ongoing and they may also give you a 28 day peak flow diary.. But ultimately it comes down to who you see on the day.. Good luck x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

If an individual has a previous history of asthma and later gets a chest infection with an asthma-like wheeze, serious enough to require a trip to a GP, who in turn prescribes an asthma inhaler, it is difficult to claim it is unrelated.

Asthma is a life treatening condition: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-isle-of-man-33805875

• Like Like x 1