Information required for documentary

Discussion in 'Submariners' started by SONAR-BENDER, Dec 17, 2012.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I was sent this by the SA, so I'm posting it on here for those that are not members but might want to help.

Could you please promulgate the following around the Submariners' Association.

The BBC are planning a documentary about submarines in the cold war which has MOD approval. People interviewed may discuss in general terms what it was like on cold war patrols, how it felt, the work you were doing but not any operation in detail and not the whereabouts of the patrol or details of detection ranges etc.

In particular they would like to interview anyone on the following boats:

HMS Warspite 1968 - 1970
    HMS Opossum 1972
    HMS Conqueror 1972/3
    HMS Swiftsure 1977

HMS Spartan 1981
    HMS Superb Mar/Apr 1982 especially W/O Sonar Tex Enyon

Anyone on Springex 1987 when there was reported a VIII in the area.

If you would like to be involved in this project please email Graham Cooper, [email protected] copy to [email protected] with your name, contact details and your role on board at that time and the BBC will be back in touch to arrange to meet with you.

Many thanks
  2. Tex won't see this thread, I'll try and find out his contact details and pass it on as he's recently retired and moved back oop north.
  3. Since they actually named him, he must have some REALLY good dits about the old, cold days!

Get him to come on here and spin some dits!!
  4. Message passed on to Tex but I doubt if he'll come on here TBH.