Information need ...HMS BRAGANZA STATIONED IN BOMBAY INDIA 1940’s

Hello
I’m very unsure if I’m going the right way about this ... My grandfather was from England. He was called FRANK COLE he was stationed in Bombay India with the Navy in the early 1940’s this is pretty much all I know. FRANK COLE met my Nan (then MOIRA GRAHAM) originally born in Calcutter but lived at that time in Bombay. They had a romance and my father was conceived (he was born in October 1944). FRANK COLE was due to Marry my nan but was shipped out. We know he lived his later life in PETERBOROUGH ENGLAND and married a lady called ANNA. But FRANK COLE sadly passed away of cancer in the early 80’s. My father got a private detective to trace his dad so he could meet him but by the time this information was found my grandfather had already passed away. This is about all we know of him. I know my dad has many regrets of never actually meeting his father and knowing nothing of him , my nan MOIRA passed away when I was young so there’s no one else to ask for help to find something out about my grandfather. I don’t even know his rank - how long he was stationed in India or if he ever returned as there was talk that he may have returned back to India three years later ? If anyone could help me put any pieces of my family jigsaw together it would be most appreciated - many thanks

Thank you so much for your reply and help. We don’t know my Grandfathers date of birth or his rank, all we do know that he was definitely in Bombay in 1943. sadly we don’t know much at all. I will go on the link you attached and see how far it will let me go. Thank you so much again

Thank you so much for your reply and help. We don’t know my Grandfathers date of birth or his rank, all we do know that he was definitely in Bombay in 1943. sadly we don’t know much at all. I will go on the link you attached and see how far it will let me go. Thank you so much again
Tea Cee

The link takes you to the application forms for Service Records - you have to print out the relevant ones and send them to the Royal Navy, so that a search for the right record can be made.

It shouldn't be too difficult to verify Frank's date of birth. You should be able to obtain his marriage and death certificates from the GRO; his date of birth should be shown on them and you will then have this information.

PS

The Civil Registration Death Index on Ancestry is showing an entry for a Frank Cole in Peterborough in the 2nd quarter of 1981. The entry is also showing a date of birth for this gentleman of the 10th of December 1921, meaning that he would have been 59 at the time of his death.

I don't know if this is the right gentleman, you would be best advised to order the Death Certificate to see what else you can glean from that.

It could well be the right one, as this Frank would have been about 23 when your father was born.

Hello Soleil
Words cannot express my gratitude for all your help. Your information sounds promising , it’s incredible what you have found so quickly. I have a photo of my grandfather that I wanted to show you but it’s saying the file is too big to down load (you can probably tell I’m not very good with modern technology ) I will definitely follow up.
Honestly thank you from the bottom of my heart.