info required on marines chapel

My brother was a marine , but sadly died in oslo in Jan 1989. I was unable to attend his funeral held at plymouth.
I was devasted to realise later that his ashes were buried at sea and that I would never be able to pay my respects.
I now understand that families can visit the marines chapel at stonehouse barracks where his name should be listed.
Does any one know how I go about making a visit to this chapel... is it on the actual base and would I have to request a pass from someone?
I would really like to go to where his ashes were scattered which i believe is at a place called plymouth Hoe. Can I do that?

Thanks for the replies to my post. I thought that his name might be at the National Memorial Arboretum so I will definetely be visiting that hopefully with my mother.
I would still like to know if I can get to visit the chapel at Stonehouse barracks.

gypsyjanet said:
Thanks for the replies to my post. I thought that his name might be at the National Memorial Arboretum so I will definetely be visiting that hopefully with my mother.
I would still like to know if I can get to visit the chapel at Stonehouse barracks.
Janet why dont you put this request on the Sister site??Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE . Worth a punt :wink:

Janet

I am sorry to hear about your brother.

I would suggest that you get in touch with RM Stonehouse to check that his name is listed and to make your request. The chaplaincy would be a good place to start.

Here are the details you need.

Chaplaincy
RM Stonehouse
Durnford Street
Plymouth
Devon
PL1 3QS

Telephone: 01752 836397

Do get in touch with them and let us know how you get on.

Thank you soleil, I will make a written request to them. .. Im sure that they would be able to help me in this situation .
It would be so good to even visit the places that my brother served at.
I rarely got to see my brother when he was alive as I was also serving in the WRAC at the same time. once again thankyou and I will get back on this site and let you know how I got on ,janet