Info ref family member

Discussion in 'The Corps' started by choco pommando, Aug 6, 2014.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

  1. Fellas, my step grandfather served in the corps during ww2 ,sadly his kit was swiped by his side of the family and probably binned after he died - I am keen to trace his service record -sadly nothing to go on except name and rank .
    Any suggestions ?
  2. Hello Choco and welcome to Rum Ration.

    All WW2 service records are still held by the MoD so you will need to apply for a copy of your step-grandfathers service record. Please be aware that they are extremely busy with requests and a backlog does exist at present. Also, a search and copy fee of £30 will apply. (Usually worth every penny!).

    The Veterans website (link below) will help explain how to apply. If you're unsure, just give them a call.

    service records sar form requests

    Hope this helps.

  3. Cheers guys

Share This Page