Info Please

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by cambsrecruit, Dec 6, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi All,

Im currently waiting my AIB date, I've applied for Warfare Officer, not sure whether I want surface or submarine yet im still torn, hearing good things about both roles.

However, in preperation for it all ive got loads of literature, like the RN handbook, and all the handy pages on the web, like this one and the RN, and reading up on current affairs.

I was wondering whether anyone can recommend any other useful resources on recruitment processes, current RN ships/stats etc that i can use in prep for my AIB.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers.

2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

If you haven't already seen it have a look through the FAQ sticky, the AIB Edited highlights thread - there's loads of tips & pointers from those that have already passed.

3. I'm in the same position, and I've also applied as a Warfare Officer! The other thing that I have done is suscribe to Navy News. I find it really useful to keep track of where different ships etc are deployed.

4. Cheers for the info guys, ive already signed up to Navy news and yea its a great help. I just wondered if there is any other literature about that could be of use. Thanks for the link to i will definately check it out.

5. How do you apply for Navy News?

6. Just google it and get the address. Also ask them if there are any AFO's they could send you, they make excellent reading, and help with task solving.

7. I hope to god your not going in as an officer 8o

Linky

Trigger