Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Info Ops, posters on ARRSE - help wanted.

Guns

War Hero
Over on the other site we have a fine member, called Info Ops, who has posted his past after some serious questions being asked of him. On the whole I find his posts bollocks but his background seems very..... well interesting.

Does this ring any bells with anyone???

"You've clearly missed some posts. Joined Scottish Gas an a YOP trainee in 1982. Was in the RN as a Junior but left and joined the RNR. Progressed through Leading Hand then AIB and commissioned S/Lt. Unit closed under cuts so transferred into the RMR as A/Lt. Simultaneously trained and worked as a journalist, did Masters in one year, was offered and took teaching contract, back to coalface. And you'll love this - Special Constable for 25 years, Strathclyde Chief Constable's commendation for bravery 1993 after disarming knifeman, part of police planning team for CHOGM 97. Vineyard and several properties in Slovenia, Cyprus and Scotland. British overseas delegate for international aid agency. Blood donor. An interesting CV has always helped. And I'm not 61 - I'm still in my 40s.

You don't have to believe any of this but I've been open and honest. What I find interesting with the human condition is how reasonably educated people can have very closed minds, leading to mistakes and false assumptions. This kicks in when they encounter people or views and opinions outwith their comfort zone or "bubble". Tribal suspicions. I'm happy to be an individual and not conform to stereotype, so I find it odd that you list various members and their idiosyncrasies as if I don't have any of my own. And why should I be here to justify anything, let alone put a Yes point across?"

I've heard of YOP it was something the conservatives brought in to help with youth unemployment in the 80's. It stands for Youth Opportunity Place or some such bollocks. In a nutshell it meant work as a dogsbody for sod all money. Hope this helps.

Latest Threads